Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Takeley

having watched Takeley last night I must say how impressed I was. They constantly tore Stansted to shreds and could have had 10. The sheer pace in the side will frighten anyone. And the two in the middle of the park were awesome. It would be good if they could continue with this excellent attractive footballand mount a challenge because the club and ground have come such a long way since i last visited three years ago

having watched Takeley last night I must say how impressed I was. They constantly tore Stansted to shreds and could have had 10. The sheer pace in the side will frighten anyone. And the two in the middle of the park were awesome. It would be good if they could continue with this excellent attractive footballand mount a challenge because the club and ground have come such a long way since i last visited three years ago

Cheers mate we have a good young side that has took time to build we didn't have a good season last year but we started rebuilding last season and we r now a lot stronger and we r now seeing the benifts. Plus were getting great support who r really helping the boys

Edited by Takeley Tractor Boy

It's fair to say Takeley deserved the win & there's no question they definitely bossed the 2nd half, but I thought the first half was very even & at half-time the game could have gone either way. We could have had a few as well.

Takeley do look a good side this year though. Good to see Stefan still playing well at the back, though noticed that Lewis Baker was missing.

Takeley improved, we folded

Lewis is away also we have micky Kennedy and mark watters to come back so the squad is really strong and all the lad no they have to fight for there place which will only benefit the team as they bo if they don't perform there is good players ready to take there place

Was at my 1st game this season(been working abroad) to see Stansted v Takeley.Stansted were well beaten by a better side.Takeley wiill be top 6 id expect on that showing.Back to the bottom end of the league again for the airportmen im affraid but am not surprised seeing as the club have gone back to the old guard!! where the club were regularly bottom of the league up to 4 years ago under their "new" mangement..Was also shocked to see a certain player in a Stansted shirt who was banned from their club for life last season for being a VERY naughty boy!!Also heard a rumour last night that the Stansted chairman reneged on a promise made to players and management from last season regarding payment of a LARGE sum of money that they won in the FA Vase!

Spot on. Massive respect for what they have done with their ground, they must win most improved facilities in a short period of time. I saw the new turnstyle, previously only seen from the road, the massive fencing, new boardroom and refreshments hut. All looks great for the village. I just wish a few others in the esl would take a look at Takeley and think we should be doing this.

Nail It -

Knowing the Chairman as I do, I think it was more of a case of using the money to pay the bills & secure the immediate future of the club rather than paying the players. There was nothing underhand going on. Last season's squad definitely deserved something for their efforts, but the future of the club is far more important.

I can understand your prediction about us finishing bottom (or near the bottom) as the 2nd half performance was poor, but the same lads earned a good win away to Barking on Saturday, so I would like to think will be a bit of a wake up call for the team.