Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Echo's non-league coverage. Your thoughts?

Golden Boots

coffee%20(2).gif

Whilst perusing the apparently highly inflammatory social network that is Twitter; I happened to chance a tweet directed at The Echo's James Colasanti from none other than CIFC's Mr MOB and I quote '' Your biased to Concorde is becoming a joke, not a mention of ricay, I can see a boycott campaign coming on...''

cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif

My personal view is that this is complete nonsense; but seeing as CIFC has a large plethora of fans, who are all less than likely to hide their lights under a bushel - what is your view?

Is MOB right? Are the 'smaller' club being favoured?

As far as I'm aware, Canvey's press officer has access to exactly the same e-mail address and phone number for James as I do - If it is chosen not to be used as often, then that is an issue the club should surely be looking into.

Also I see that the Echo will be covering your 1st league game this season following a Twitter competition (might boycott that issue...) :grin:

I think the Echo's coverage of Canvey's teams is pretty decent, if there is someone to report back to James before his Sunday morning deadline. I think every Monday whichever team has been at home the previous weekend gets a decent write-up with a picture or two.

What annoys the f*ck out of me though is that the editorial content between the Southend, Castle Point and Basildon Echoes don't change much if at all regardless of which edition of the paper you buy. The three most back pages are dominiated by Southend United if they've played at home whilst the Castle Point/Basildon teams are relegated to 4/5 pages in.

The reason I don't buy the Echo is because if I go into Sainsbury's or a newsagents on Canvey on a Monday to look at a copy of the Castle Point Echo is because when I flip it over to the back page the main picture features Southend United, which in my eyes is wrong. If it's the Castle Point edition the main picture on the back should be a shot from either Canvey or Concord again depending on which of those teams were at home, likewise with the Basildon edition and Billericay Town.

Another small issue, which is probably an oversite by their IT department is on the Echo website if you click of the Sport > Football > Non-League > Ryman Premier tabs there are only two teams listed, Billericay and Concord. Well where are Canvey and East Thurrock?

Edited by Matt H