Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Results

Hookey

Haringay & Waltham Development 4-1 Bowers & Pitsea (Another player sent off)

FA Cup Sponsored by Budweiser, Extra Preliminary Round

Haringey & Waltham Development 4(0)-(0)1 Bowers & Pitsea United

Coles Oak Stadium, White Hart Lane, London N17

Attendance: ? (Mitoo still not updated)

Admission: £6. Programmes had sold out by 7:30. Was given free four page wrapround (just contained Bowers history in centre pages and both squads on back, but a kind thought).

The road to Wembley began for me as well, though along with Mr Chorley, we seemed to be the only regular hoppers at this match. After a late finish to work and a nightmare run into Southend to sort some things out, I had to left abandon popping home to get some grub and head straight for my evening venue. I nice easy drive down the M11, up the North Circular, and down Edmonton High Road, before turning into the road where a team really do play at White Hart Lane....Did get a bit lost, somehow driving past the ground, but managed to turn around a mile on and find it in plenty of good time.

Had to pay on the entrance to the car park, which is home to Spartan South Midlands side Haringey Boro, as there are no turnstiles. Caught me out as all money was deep in my jeans pockets. Fortunately the guys at the entrance allowed me to pull into a disabled space for a few moments to get my cash out. Then I moved my car into the vast car parking spaces to the east side of the pitch.

Pitch is railed off on all sides, and there is a big main stand on the entrance side, accessible by some concrete steps to the side of it, as it is elevated above the ground (also an equipment area under the stand). The stand has about 200 seats with concrete floor (it was a wooden stand many years ago) split between various steps up it. Some vandalism to a few seats (melted plastic on one) and some pigeon problems too, with big nets above our heads. Also a few awkward metal pillars in the way of one's view, but overall not bad. Beside the stand in the corner of the ground is a big area of nothingness land (future development site?). Clubhouse building and changing rooms are in a seperate building, to the left of the entrance. No drink on tap here, just Carlsberg cans etc in the fridge. A few old chairs and tables around, and an 'old' TV in the corner.

Ground is surrounded by allotments and reasonable housing, and in the distance is the Docklands skyline, and predictably a few tower blocks.

This was Haringey & Waltham Development's first game since rebranding from Mauritous Sports, and have started reasonably well in the league. Bowers have had a nightmare start, losing all four league games so far, albeit narrow losses at big guns Enfield 1893 and Witham. The nightmare result though was a 5-2 home capitulation against local rivals Basildon Utd which led to the departure of Colin Cook their devoted manager. His number 2 Jamie Warren is now in charge, and will have been eyeing a cup run as a way of boosting morale.

The first half was an extraordinary one. So many guilt edged misses from both sides, some poor play from both teams, particularly the visitors. It should have been 4-4 at the break. A Bowers player beat everyone in the box, and literally tried to walk the ball into the net, but the goalie blocked him off in the end! The rebound was then shot over from almost the goaline. The home side were having the better of it though, but themselves shot wide or over with the goals at their mercy. One header hit the underside of the bar from a corner, and another break through the middle was stopped by the legs of the Bowers keeper. But amazingly it remained scoreless.

Second half and H&W were quick to go in front, from unsurprisingly terrible defensive play from Bowers, who were shocking all night at the back, with no discipline, shape or togetherness. A side like Enfield would have got double figures. Amazingly they were shortly back on terms after a wonder strike on the turn from 30 yards that curled into the top corner - the only decent thing Bowers did all night!! Haringey looked more likely to score again though, regularly bursting down the sides and the middle, and capitalising on often terrible mistakes at the back, and with 20 minutes left they went in front after a terrible knock back by the defender to the keeper (who looked very shaky all night as well) was rebounded home. It was effectively all over when the referee seemed to blow for offside on 75 minutes, and the Bowers player in disgust threw the ball away and said something he shouldn't, landing him a straight red. Unsurprisingly H&W were now breaking forward at will once more, and added a third when a ball from the right was turned in by a player running into the box, shooting under the goalie. And near the end from a corner a H&W player ran in unopposed down the right of the box and shot across the goalie.

A dreadful, dreadful display from Bowers. Where do they go from here?...

Haringay & Waltham Development 4-1 Bowers & Pitsea (Another player sent off)

FA Cup Sponsored by Budweiser, Extra Preliminary Round

Haringey & Waltham Development 4(0)-(0)1 Bowers & Pitsea United

Coles Oak Stadium, White Hart Lane, London N17

Attendance: ? (Mitoo still not updated)

Admission: £6. Programmes had sold out by 7:30. Was given free four page wrapround (just contained Bowers history in centre pages and both squads on back, but a kind thought).

The road to Wembley began for me as well, though along with Mr Chorley, we seemed to be the only regular hoppers at this match. After a late finish to work and a nightmare run into Southend to sort some things out, I had to left abandon popping home to get some grub and head straight for my evening venue. I nice easy drive down the M11, up the North Circular, and down Edmonton High Road, before turning into the road where a team really do play at White Hart Lane....Did get a bit lost, somehow driving past the ground, but managed to turn around a mile on and find it in plenty of good time.

Had to pay on the entrance to the car park, which is home to Spartan South Midlands side Haringey Boro, as there are no turnstiles. Caught me out as all money was deep in my jeans pockets. Fortunately the guys at the entrance allowed me to pull into a disabled space for a few moments to get my cash out. Then I moved my car into the vast car parking spaces to the east side of the pitch.

Pitch is railed off on all sides, and there is a big main stand on the entrance side, accessible by some concrete steps to the side of it, as it is elevated above the ground (also an equipment area under the stand). The stand has about 200 seats with concrete floor (it was a wooden stand many years ago) split between various steps up it. Some vandalism to a few seats (melted plastic on one) and some pigeon problems too, with big nets above our heads. Also a few awkward metal pillars in the way of one's view, but overall not bad. Beside the stand in the corner of the ground is a big area of nothingness land (future development site?). Clubhouse building and changing rooms are in a seperate building, to the left of the entrance. No drink on tap here, just Carlsberg cans etc in the fridge. A few old chairs and tables around, and an 'old' TV in the corner.

Ground is surrounded by allotments and reasonable housing, and in the distance is the Docklands skyline, and predictably a few tower blocks.

This was Haringey & Waltham Development's first game since rebranding from Mauritous Sports, and have started reasonably well in the league. Bowers have had a nightmare start, losing all four league games so far, albeit narrow losses at big guns Enfield 1893 and Witham. The nightmare result though was a 5-2 home capitulation against local rivals Basildon Utd which led to the departure of Colin Cook their devoted manager. His number 2 Jamie Warren is now in charge, and will have been eyeing a cup run as a way of boosting morale.

The first half was an extraordinary one. So many guilt edged misses from both sides, some poor play from both teams, particularly the visitors. It should have been 4-4 at the break. A Bowers player beat everyone in the box, and literally tried to walk the ball into the net, but the goalie blocked him off in the end! The rebound was then shot over from almost the goaline. The home side were having the better of it though, but themselves shot wide or over with the goals at their mercy. One header hit the underside of the bar from a corner, and another break through the middle was stopped by the legs of the Bowers keeper. But amazingly it remained scoreless.

Second half and H&W were quick to go in front, from unsurprisingly terrible defensive play from Bowers, who were shocking all night at the back, with no discipline, shape or togetherness. A side like Enfield would have got double figures. Amazingly they were shortly back on terms after a wonder strike on the turn from 30 yards that curled into the top corner - the only decent thing Bowers did all night!! Haringey looked more likely to score again though, regularly bursting down the sides and the middle, and capitalising on often terrible mistakes at the back, and with 20 minutes left they went in front after a terrible knock back by the defender to the keeper (who looked very shaky all night as well) was rebounded home. It was effectively all over when the referee seemed to blow for offside on 75 minutes, and the Bowers player in disgust threw the ball away and said something he shouldn't, landing him a straight red. Unsurprisingly H&W were now breaking forward at will once more, and added a third when a ball from the right was turned in by a player running into the box, shooting under the goalie. And near the end from a corner a H&W player ran in unopposed down the right of the box and shot across the goalie.

A dreadful, dreadful display from Bowers. Where do they go from here?...

Yeah, saw it on the Bowers forum.

Hookey - That told him, how did you get on with Keeps when his boy was at Bowers, was he just a pushy parent.