Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup Sat 3 Sept

70 min gone - Burnham Ramblers 1 Hertford Town 3 (M Cooper, Johnston, Draper).

Some people think it's all over --- it is now! 3-3 draw, replay Tues 6 Sept @ Hertingfordbury Park

Stotfold had a good result today as did Broxbourne Borough:

Saturday 3 September

FA Cup Preliminary Round

4-2 AFC Hayes v Tring Athletic

3-3 Burnham Ramblers v Hertford Town

1-2 Cockfosters v Redbridge

0-1 Colney Heath v Brentwood Town

1-1 Dunstable Town v Bethnal Green United

1-1 Great Wakering Rovers v Oxhey Jets

0-1 Haringey Borough v Berkhamsted

1-1 Hatfield Town v Enfield 1893

1-3 Potters Bar Town v Broxbourne Borough

2-2 Staines Lammas v Harefield United

2-1 Stotfold v Enfield Town

3-1 Tilbury v Biggleswade United

Saturday 3 September

FA Cup Preliminary Round

1-1 Dunstable Town v Bethnal Green United

I gather that the replay on Tuesday is also at Creasey Park as the Mile End Stadium is not available

Not entirely SSML related but I thought this report from another's Forum would be of interest, I expect Haringey Borough weren't too pleased that the tie went to a replay at Coles Park on Wednesday. It appears that Dunton have arranged a 'groundshare' with Biggleswade Town where Bedford played temporarily last season:

Biggleswade Town (4) 5, Haringey and Waltham Development (1) 5

F.A. Cup preliminary round,

Admission £8, including prog.

Attendance 107

I spent yesterday afternoon at Biggleswade Town, not so much to see the F.A. Cup tie between Town and Haringey and Waltham Development, but see a the debut of a new Bedfordshire County League venue. On the left as you drive into the Carlsberg Stadium there is a roped off pitch with two brick built dugouts. This will be the new home of Dunton FC first team for their Premier Division matches this season. There are seperate changing facilities for the teams in a brick complex between the pitch and 3G pitch next the main stadium. This is seperated from the Town's pitch by a wooden fence.

The game against Shefford Town and Campton, which kicked off at 2.30pm, was a close match with only one goal seperating the sides at half time despite the better chances coming the way of the visitors. In the second half Dunton pulled level from the penalty spot but that only opened the flood gates and the visitors stormed foward quickly retaking the lead and rattling in four more goals, including a penalty of their own. The final score being Dunton 1, Shefford Town and Campton 6.

Right back to that F.A. Cup tie. At half time in the Dunton game the majority of the 30 odd spectators went into the main stadium for some refreshment. The turnstiles had been closed so no admission was charged. The game was 15 minutes in and Biggleswade were 1-0 up and pushing forward. Before we all returned to Dunton second half the Waders went 2-0 but the visitors pulled one back for 2-1. At the end of the Dunton game, again the majority of spectators (including myself) made there way back into the Stadium to watch second half of the Cup game. By that time Biggleswade were 4-1 up and still pressing forward claiming another goal on 66 minutes. 5-1, game over thought the home supporters but how wrong they were to proved. Haringey & W pulled one back within a minute and eroded the home lead further on 73. They certainly had some momentum now and a penalty awarded and put away had brought the scoreline to 5-4. There was now a tense atmosphere around the stadium and in the last minute the visitors managed to stab the ball home from a corner and remarkably had pulled back from 5-1 down to 5-5 and earn themselves a replay.

Amazing stuff to watch and even if Haringey and Waltham dev do lose the replay they have certainly added to the magic the F.A. Cup that sometimes turns up.

Not entirely SSML related but I thought this report from another's Forum would be of interest, I expect Haringey Borough weren't too pleased that the tie went to a replay at Coles Park on Wednesday. It appears that Dunton have arranged a 'groundshare' with Biggleswade Town where Bedford played temporarily last season:

Biggleswade Town (4) 5, Haringey and Waltham Development (1) 5

F.A. Cup preliminary round,

Admission £8, including prog.

Attendance 107

I spent yesterday afternoon at Biggleswade Town, not so much to see the F.A. Cup tie between Town and Haringey and Waltham Development, but see a the debut of a new Bedfordshire County League venue. On the left as you drive into the Carlsberg Stadium there is a roped off pitch with two brick built dugouts. This will be the new home of Dunton FC first team for their Premier Division matches this season. There are seperate changing facilities for the teams in a brick complex between the pitch and 3G pitch next the main stadium. This is seperated from the Town's pitch by a wooden fence.

The game against Shefford Town and Campton, which kicked off at 2.30pm, was a close match with only one goal seperating the sides at half time despite the better chances coming the way of the visitors. In the second half Dunton pulled level from the penalty spot but that only opened the flood gates and the visitors stormed foward quickly retaking the lead and rattling in four more goals, including a penalty of their own. The final score being Dunton 1, Shefford Town and Campton 6.

Right back to that F.A. Cup tie. At half time in the Dunton game the majority of the 30 odd spectators went into the main stadium for some refreshment. The turnstiles had been closed so no admission was charged. The game was 15 minutes in and Biggleswade were 1-0 up and pushing forward. Before we all returned to Dunton second half the Waders went 2-0 but the visitors pulled one back for 2-1. At the end of the Dunton game, again the majority of spectators (including myself) made there way back into the Stadium to watch second half of the Cup game. By that time Biggleswade were 4-1 up and still pressing forward claiming another goal on 66 minutes. 5-1, game over thought the home supporters but how wrong they were to proved. Haringey & W pulled one back within a minute and eroded the home lead further on 73. They certainly had some momentum now and a penalty awarded and put away had brought the scoreline to 5-4. There was now a tense atmosphere around the stadium and in the last minute the visitors managed to stab the ball home from a corner and remarkably had pulled back from 5-1 down to 5-5 and earn themselves a replay.

Amazing stuff to watch and even if Haringey and Waltham dev do lose the replay they have certainly added to the magic the F.A. Cup that sometimes turns up.

interesting we had them watched yesterday as we ( Cranfield ) have haringey in the vase next saturday

The way your boys have performed you deserve it, too long now Cranfield have been a laughing stock so fair play to yourself and Lee.

Only bad result you've had was beating us second game, don't you ever read the script LOL

Saturday 3 September

FA Cup Preliminary Round

1-1Hatfield Town v Enfield 1893

A report on this affair from another’s Forum:

Hatfield Town 1 Enfield 1893 1

FA Cup Preliminary Round

This ground has been covered many times before and I have to say that although its possible to get a good view from the balcony of the clubhouse its a typical souless athletics stadium.

The game was pretty uninspiring.Enfield took the lead just before half-time and looked capable of holding on to their lead but Hatfield equalised with twenty mintues to go but neither team looked like getting a winner.

At least I've completed the top division of the Spartan South Midlands league!!

A report on this one from another’s Forum, I wonder how Kings Langley are feeling:

FA CUP PRELIMINARY ROUND

STOTFOLD 2 ENFIELD TOWN 1

ROKER PARK

ADM £6 PROG £1

A shock result in Bedfordshire!! The Eagles put men behind the ball and frustrated an under-par Town side. Stotfold scored from 2 out of their 3 good chances on goal.. No sour grapes as Stotfold came with a organised game plan to defend well and hit Town on the break. With the score at 1-1 Town hit the post!!!

Gutted that Town are out of the Cup already!!

GOOD LUCK TO STOTFOLD IN THE NEXT ROUND. Roker Park is a very nice ground to visit and sitting on the pub benches in the sunshine prior to game was very nice indeed. Tea and coffee served in mugs is a nice touch...tastes much nice than in a plastic cup!!

Match highlights and pictures are on http://www.thecoldend.blogspot.com

A fantastic fact for you (I think) - Stotfold could still be the only team to lose a game in the Cup and win it (they're still in it at the moment!!!) as they lost in the last round (5-2) to Kings Langley who were removed from competition for playing an ineligible player!

A fantastic fact for you (I think) - Stotfold could still be the only team to lose a game in the Cup and win it (they're still in it at the moment!!!)

Not sure if it's happened in the FA Cup before, it will need further research but teams have won the World Cup, Champions League, the other two European competitions and the League Cup after losing earlier in the competition.