Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Bishop's Stortford Predictions

Well, having had a good discussion about Tuesday night, let's look forward to our FA Cup match at the weekend.

One positive about Tuesday night was that Ian Walker was there watching.......let's hope his team talk is "don't worry about this lot lads, they're useless!"

Hopefully the issues from the Leatherhead & Aveley matches will be sorted out in training this evening, and come Saturday we'll approach the match as an opportunity to start playing as we know we can.

I'd like to see Gonnella start out wide right, and hopefully Jason Hallett will be fit to make a return up front (although I hope we don't rush him back and risk losing him for even longer.) I can see Westy coming in for Alaile as well, as he's had a couple of poor matches by his high standards.

I'm going for a 2-1 win, with our goals coming from Rhodes and King. Attendance 318.

2-1 Stortford. They've made some cracking additions to their squad over the past 3/4 weeks; and will have a massive point to prove with their league form being a bit indifferent. Would like to see Canvey get through and stay in as long as we do (what a cracking 4th qualifying or 1st round proper tie that would be!), but I think Stortford will have a bit too much for you.

No chance EU... They'll get at least 6 lol!

Btw, Bishops Stortford have just brought in Spurs 'keeper Jordan Archer on loan, capped for Scotland at 19's or 21's I think.

No chance EU... They'll get at least 6 lol!

Btw, Bishops Stortford have just brought in Spurs 'keeper Jordan Archer on loan, capped for Scotland at 19's or 21's I think.

If he plays anything like he did today again, he'll be breaking into the Spurs first team soon enough!! Some World class saves today - he won it for Stortford.

The performance against Stortford was a very good all round team performance and it was a game that we did not deserve to lose. the team looked 'up for it' and but for their keeper we would have won. It is also worth noting that Dobbo was playing and I think the midfield is better when he plays, althought I must admit he had a quiet second half by his standards before he was substituted.

I don't like to lose, but if we play really well like we did yesterday then it is not so bad, because you feel that the team have tried and been unlucky where as against Aveley we played badly and deserved to lose, thats what upsets me.

We still need a new striker,but I don't think a new striker is the only answer, in a game like like yesterdays even if we had had Tevez playing I don't think we would have beaten their keeper and likewise I don't think we would have beaten Aveley. it is about an all round team performance and we have seen two extremes in the Storford and Aveley games. Tuesday night against Lowestoft will be extremely hard and will need us to carry yesterdays performance into that game. If we don't then we will be looking at losing.

Lets hope we 'turn up' as team and give a good account of ourselves

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!

Thought we more than deserved at least a replay.

Can't argue with the workrate. The players were up for it and kept fighting until the end.

The goal we conceded was sloppy but in fairness their guy finished it very well.