Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island vs Tooting & Mitcham predictions

Wickford-Gull

Hopefully tomorrow will be the game in which we return to winning ways! I say 3-2 to the Gulls, with the attendance being 326, as Southend will be attracting a few fans due to reduced ticket prices. COME ON YOU GULLS!!!! :D

Excellent performance by the GULLS today! They played the ball really well along the ground, and looked well in control for long periods. I have got to say that Antonio Gonnella brought something special to todays game, he was class! I fell that the whole team were very good. Hopefully we carry on playing like we did today. Strong attendance too 481! Up the GULLS! :D

I like the look of Gonnella, he always wants the ball at his feet and is confident when moving forward and committed when coming up against a defender.

I have to say it, but today was a day when the long ball over the top kind of worked in our favour. Their backline was so high up the pitch that we learnt the simplest of knocks or flick ons had them on the back foot and for that we must thank Dobbo, who came a close second for my Man of the Match behind Hallett.

In fairness I think we should've had about four goals today, the two opportunities that went begging in the second half should've been buried rather than walked into the six yard box. However Jason did fantastic to recover the ball out wide for the second goal and Heale's curl into the far corner was sublime from a standing start.

We challenged the 'Keeper quite a bit today as well, which I think always helps and the likes of Hallett, Game and Curran when he came on totally bossed their no. 3 and 6 who were there for the taking once on bookings.

I think Kingy had a good game also, getting stuck in and Rusty pulled off a couple of blinders, but never really looked troubled.

The defence looked confident in itself with Easterford back in the fold and there was never a moment today that I actually thought Tooting were going to get through and score.

Again with better finishing we would've trounced this lot today, but we created enough chances to convert two into goals and were strong enough not to concede any, that's good enough where it counts, on paper.

Must agree with the comments, I thought that Jason had his best game for the club for a long time. He lead the line really well and has showed what we have lacked when he doesn't play. A great all round performance. Lets carry that performance on to the next game. Come on you YELLOWS

that's 2 games on the trot where jason has looked a different class and run himself into the ground. Lets just hope he can stay injury free. I must admit i didn't think we would ever see the 'old jason' again. I thought the injuries where going totake there toll. Also, antonio showed what he can bring to the table. Rhodesy's got a fight for his place now.