Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

St Albans

The piece on the home page setting the scene for this game brought back happy memories of the trip to Weymouth and the replay. I have a good deal of respect for the current St Albans Chairman - Ian Ridley - and despite Mr Claridge's disparaging remarks about our club and ground, even the most biased Weymouth fans couldn't fail to recognise they got away with a result they did not deserve.

I enjoyed reading both Steve Claridge's book (Beyond the Boot Camps) and Ian Ridley's (the name escapes me - "Floodlit Dreams"?? - I bought it but think I donated it to the ATFC shop).

Time has moved on, and it is not beyond us to get a result at St Albans. I often look out for their results, not just because of Ian Ridley, but also the David Howell connection. Nice man, in my humble opinion.

Let's hope he is sadder than Burgo come 5pm tomorrow.

Good luck lads.

Edited by Keith B

I watched the commentary on my phone while out and about with Lilly and it was really helpful after suffering the frustation of expecting to travel, only for Mrs Beano to injure herself, meaning I was back on duty!

Well done to the whole team - on and off the pitch - for a superb result and here's hoping for a home draw in the next round, as that seems to be the only chance I'll get of seeing it!

Only just read about the win, having taken the 'old girl' for a footie-free long weekend to Gloucestershire.

Excellent result! Once again, the lads' efforts haven't been given the praise they deserve as, apart from a couple of gracious comments, the St. Albans City website has turned into a row about the appointment of their manager at the start of the season. Still, if making opposition supporters moan amongst themselves is seen as a good thing, then our lads are doing plenty right!

No doubt we'll get drawn against Gosport Borough, as that prat Claridge came out of retirement and scored their winner yesterday!

Our away league game at St. Neots Town on 5th November will have to be re-arranged (no doubt for a midweek!), but who cares? Some more much-needed FA money winging its way over thanks to the Trophy win, and the chance to give another team a rocket on Guy Fawkes day! :D

Edited by Swifty

From Ian Ridley (Saints chairman) on his twitter page

IanRidley1 Ian Ridley

Well played @ashfordtownmx . Have always liked those tangerine and white stripes. #creditwhereitsdue

19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

IanRidley1 Ian Ridley

@stalbanscityfc Not acceptable today. We all know that and must work together to put the faults right.

Won't be able to make 5th Nov but anyone know when the draw takes place?

Looking forward to the draw - if its a home or very local away one, it could be my next game as its down to St Marys this saturday, which means I'll be missing the tangerine & white stripes to see the red & white stripes play the blue and white stripe's.

Having said that, if its Gosport Borough away, then I'll go for nostalgic reasons - I lived locally as a lad and the last time I went to Privett Park (their ground) was to watch my two older brothers play (and win) in a cup final for my late Dad's team (which my brother founded and named Pontiac FC, wearing the Inter Milan colours). Happy days. Except monday mornings for my Mum who washed the whole team's kit and then hung the lot out on the washing line. A sight that will remain with me.

I thought Ian Ridley's tweet was a nice touch. He talks and writes a lot of sense and is much missed on the Sunday Supplement.

Fingers crossed for a good tie in Monday's draw.

Edited by Keith B