Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bethnal Green v Eton Manor to be replayed

After a League meeting wednesday the committee decided that the penalty fiasco cup game must be replayed.Eton Manor made an appeal regarding the game.Eton Manor Manager Kevin Durrant has phoned Bethnal Green today stating I am embarrased that EMFC persued this matter,i only knew of this Tuesday night,and to replay the game is a total injustice to Bethnal Green. who won the

game fair and square.Kevin Durrant also said if the game goes ahead he wants no part of it?

Bethnal Green have been told they must foot the bill for the game excluding Officials?We are not very happy with this at all it seems we are being punished for something which is not our fault.I spoke to Kevin Durrant today and feel he means what he has said.What would happen if both sides refuse to play{probably both expelled from cup} or what if EMFC refuse to play? Sensible replies please.

Doesn't seem fair if Bgu incur any costs in this scenario, my solution would be for a Eton Manor to pay for ground costs as in effect the game is being replayed and the original game already paid for or Eton Manor host the replay if BGU were willing to give up home advantage. I can only speak for myself as also a Ref that if i made an honest mistake which led to a game being replayed as happened here i would offer to Referee the replay without payment as maybe all the officials involved here should as it does seem that between them they should have got it right. As a bottom line here I do think that the BGU should have been awarded the game as common sense should have prevailed and the game had officially finished once the Ref had sanctioned the penalty being taken and the net result from that had occured . This action also undermines the Ref who rightly or wrongly presumed he was doing the right thing on the night and does set a presedence in future incidents.

Only a personal but view Eton Manor had every right to appeal, but could BGU done the same if they'd had lost the shoot out ? and what would the League have done then ?

Doesn't seem fair if Bgu incur any costs in this scenario, my solution would be for a Eton Manor to pay for ground costs as in effect the game is being replayed and the original game already paid for or Eton Manor host the replay if BGU were willing to give up home advantage. I can only speak for myself as also a Ref that if i made an honest mistake which led to a game being replayed as happened here i would offer to Referee the replay without payment as maybe all the officials involved here should as it does seem that between them they should have got it right. As a bottom line here I do think that the BGU should have been awarded the game as common sense should have prevailed and the game had officially finished once the Ref had sanctioned the penalty being taken and the net result from that had occured . This action also undermines the Ref who rightly or wrongly presumed he was doing the right thing on the night and does set a presedence in future incidents.

Only a personal but view Eton Manor had every right to appeal, but could BGU done the same if they'd had lost the shoot out ? and what would the League have done then ?

Not disputing Manor's right to appeal, just questioning whether they should have.