Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Peacocks 2

I'm afraid I'm going to have to accentuate the negatives after today.

1. It was a decent team effort overall, and Alex and Kofi slotted in nicely, but we seemed to be midfield-heavy and playing with just one out-and-out forward for much of the game. I lost count of the number of incisive low crosses which were pinged into the opposition's six yard box (at least half a dozen) and there wasn't a single occasion when we had someone there to touch the ball home. Dan took his goal well but really needed more help up front.

2. Not for the first time this season, we gifted the opposition their goal(s). Both of today's were finished ruthlessly, but we've thrown away so many points or good posiitons in games this season through carelessness at the back. We also seemed to play five or ten yards too deep for my liking but, of course, that may be a cunning plan.

3. Our home form's a real worry. One win and seven points from the last nine home league matches, and the only home victory since August came about because the visiting centre forward got himself needlessly sent off and changed his team's shape.

It's a shame because the team and the club are back on the upward curve, and we deserved at least a point today from a typical local derby. Quite a few said we should have won, and we certainly had enough pressure, but Bedfont Town's defence held firm and threw themselves at everything, much like AFC Hayes and Chertsey Town when we played them recently. Also, their frontline was very nippy and gave our defence plenty to do and, for the most part, our defence coped, which makes the result all the more annoying.

No panic, but we need to start redressing the problems. We've played over half the season now, and I'd have hoped everyone would have got settled in to their roles and responsibilities by now. Maybe a good run in the Surrey Senior Cup will make up for it. ;)

Very frustrating, we dominated for huge periods of the match and as Ed says we played some lovely low crosses in that were just begging for someone to get on the end of....A draw would have been harsh on us, a loss was damn right criminal and a bitter pill to swallow :( Will the ball ever run or drop for us, 2012 has started the same as 2011 finished and if it wasn't for bad luck we would have none at all. Bedfont are a very average side as best, played very little football and their number 5 came perilously close to putting through his his own net twice in the first half.... The second half was really all Ashford and a question of how many we would win by with a goal bound header cleared off the line, several crazy scrambles and the whole travesty summed up when a cracking right foot shot from Ed Thomas was heading for the far corner only to be blocked by Jack Mullen.... When oh when are we going to get a result that our football, pressure and chances deserve :huh: