Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squeekygate

Didn't cover ourselves in glory today, did we. Not on the pitch and certainly not some members of the crowd.

If I was Cray Wanderers I would be complaining to the Isthmian League about inadequate, ineffective stewarding and the offensive and threatening behaviour of members of the crowd.

And last week we were spitting at the Concord players.

I think perhaps it's time to stop going to the Lane.

I thought we did well for the most part today. The players coped well enough to adapt to playing a new formation and there was some indications that the players had been told to really dig in and literally play for their place in the team.

It's the first time in a long time though that I felt we were let down my incompetent officials and believe that had they been consistant then we could've got at least a point. From where I stood their penalty looked rather soft, but if that was the case then I think there was at least once in the second half that we were denied an exact replica.

Must say I thought Jason Hallett did well today and if he continues to play up top with Woods-Garness then they will become quite a partnership. Dobbo was quality again and apart from the sloppy free header I thought the backline was pretty solid.

The foundations are there for Glen's team to succeed and with one or two tweeks I think we'll click and play to our strengths.

Must agree with Yellow Bungle about the crowd. Some of the comments were over the top and very abusive with every type of swear word used in front of young children. One or two of those being abusive would not have been so if there was not a fence between them and the players and officals. I can understand the frustration of the fans because of the inept officials, but I am sure that it does us no favours and it could be that some of the officials give decisions that will wind the crowd up. I am all for telling the officials that they are wrong but we do not need to go about it the way some of the fans do. These people are a small minority and I am sure that most genuine fans don't want these people acting the way they do. YB is also right about the stewards, but they need to be informed of problems and hopefully they can deal with these people. Nuff said!

As for the game I thought that the first half we played some good football, but in the second half we lost the plot a bit and did not trouble the keeper enough. I like the idea of playing three up front but the problem is that Woods-garness is out of position on the left as he is a central striker and can look a bit lost out wide. There was positives to take from the game and as said before it is a new manager with a new system that the players had very little practice at trying.

Come on you Yellows!!!

The language was terrible yesterday and this club expects to get family's into the ground!..... This has got to stop, and the stewards need to do their job instead of standing there like lemons. No matter how bad the officials are we are meant to get behind our team 'supporters'. I really don't like to say this but I am seriously getting put off of coming to Park Lane, this would be a terrible shame as I am an avid Canvey fan. Hopefully something is done to stop this.

All that aside, hopefully Canvey get back to winning ways on Saturday. Come on you GULLS!! :D

Edited by Wickford-Gull

I agree fans should be less offensive.

And as for concord game. No one spat at all as i was standing where it was said to happen . Player said it as his thought ref was gonna red card him as he was threatening to jump over fence and offering people out. As a player its disgusting behaviour and as for officials leaving him on pitch and letting him get away with it is very wrong.

Officials need to be pulled up on very bad decisions then maybe crowds wont get as angry.

I think that pointless abuse towards players and officials is completely unnecessary and should be cracked down on by the stewards. As stated by yellowbelly this will have an adverse affect on us getting decisions and doesn't portray a family atmosphere. I would hate to think we could lose loyal supporters because of stupid behavior by a few individuals.

I accept that at the level we play at refereeing at the highest level cant be expected but some of the decisions are very poor I certainly thought we deserved a pen after what looked like a fairly soft pen was given the other way. Which will get anyone's backs up including myself.

As for spitting wasn't there similar accusations made towards Ricay fans the week before against Concord?? (Spitting is disgusting and is completely unacceptable if it was true) Anyhow that's all in the past now.

As for the game we played fairly good attacking football in the first half and even at 2-1 i expected us to come back into the game, as the second half wore on chances were few and far between. Its to early to expect an instant turnaround (although I was obviously hoping for it!) Glen will need a little time to get his own tactics / formations installed.

We're certainly are alot better than recent results would suggest, lets get behind the team back to winning next weekend and concentrate on football as apposed to the officials!!

Come on you yellows!!

Edited by CI Gull

bringing my 10 year old son and coming to canvey and singing along with the yellow army has been a joy, but recently and especially since the concord game last season where their goalie was accused of child molesting with disgusting language it is becoming impossible to take him to that part of the ground ive tried a couple of times but the swearing is getting worse from a few new supporters who just want to swear and offer players out and there is a total air of anger, they target an opposition player and his wife, mother, daughter are all verbal targets from the safety of the stands. IT HAS TO STOP no one is expecting perfect language but it has gone way beyond what is acceptable, the club has a responsibility to stop it before people stop coming or something bad happens, we are a local family non league team if i took my son to basildon on saturday night the language would be less offensive.

Could have really done with a strong ref yesterday,unfortunately no matter how good he may have been he looked young enough to be on work experience and lacked a physical presence.

Cray are a wily old team, but have to say from where I was standing behind the goal the penalty was a stonewall foul, the only question was whether it was just inside or outside the box. We also got away with three handballs in the box, any of which could have been given. Wouldhave been harsh but you see them given.Thought we should definitely had a pen in the second half.

I think our problem yesterday was the lack of chances we created. We were isolated up front and Cray squeezed the game well.

Going back to the Concord game we also struggled to create chances although got to say their no.6 was fantastic along with their no.10 who scored the second (& the first?), and it was those two who werethe difference.