Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

OLD ENFIELD FC PICTURES

thecoldend

dwhe - You have been following the Club for a long time then, what's your favourite ever memory out of interest if you had to choose one, I take it you weren't at Wembley in 1970 for the Dagenham FA Amateur Cup Final but I guess you were for the Hendon Final two years later and possibly the Semi Final at St James Park against Blyth Spartans:

Picture 3 of 5

Edited by Rhodes

I have seen Enfield 3 times at Wembley, 5-1 v Dagenham, 0-2 v Hendon and 0-0 v Telford.

I first started going in the 60's with my Grandfather and brother.

When ever I went to see them we always seemed to win, so it was a big shock to lose against Hendon, and an even bigger one that it was my favourite former Enfield player, John Connell, that destroyed us.

I moved in the early 90's so I can't get to games now.

Great pic's by the way 👍

Edited by dwhe

dwhe - It is a shame that you were not going during the 1966/67 campaign when Enfield won the FA Amateur Cup for the first time in a replay against Skelmersdale United and also reached the Second Round of the FA Cup, eventually losing 4-2 to Watford at Southbury Road. I assume your Grandfather went to all the games that season as all the Cup ties were strangely local to London other than Highgate United in the Amateur Cup Quarter Final at Villa Park (see programme) and the Final Replay at Maine Road:

Picture 3 of 4