Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees v. Leighton Town

Swifty

Looking for a ‘vintage’ performance on Saturday. Haven’t heard anything on the grapevine about who’ll replace Kiri at the back. We simply must win, so I hope the players don’t give me an excuse to ‘wine’ afterwards.

Do you think that’s enough hints that I’ll be collecting my raffle prize for the Alton Town game on Saturday? :D :lol:

A welcome home win against a Leighton side who didn't utilise their huge number 9 enough. How tall was that lad? Six foot eight, perhaps? Excellent work by Bairoh to beat him in a couple of aerial challenges, and Russ mopped up anything below usual head height quite nicely. Apart from a shaky moment with a header back and being beaten by pace once, Ed 'Banzai' Thomas did well at left back.

We should have killed the game off in the first half. Plenty of shots and possession in the final third, but we only had the one goal for all the effort, beautifully laid off by Dan (whose work rate all game was awesome) and well taken by Bits. We nearly didn't go in ahead at the break, as Leighton hit the post from a tight angle just before tea bar time, and we need to work on netting more of our chances.

Leighton were the more dominant side in the second half, and we gave the ball away too cheaply too often, but we could still have managed a couple more. A brilliant flying save from a bullet header by the Leighton keeper, and Pietro was unlucky twice, especially the late effort after some wonderful interplay with another sub, Perry. We thought the Leighton 9 was subbed as they knew we were bringing Pietro on to mark him!

Our other sub, Jack, must be wondering how he got booked after winning the ball, then the Leighton defender didn't even get a talking to for clatteriing Pietro two minutes later. That was one of the few awkward challenges in the game - Leighton weren't earth shattering, but they played decent football with no malice and made a good game of it. I think we just about deserved the win, so I'll toast the lads with a glass of my raffle prize!

1-0 win crisp drilled finish from Mark Bitmead on 12 mins played in by Dan Brown... Some nice stuff played especially in the first half and we allowed our opponents to have more of the game in the second 45 mins without them ever really looking like getting an equalizer...........We finished the match on the front foot and a brilliant save from the Leighton keeper somehow kept out sub Perry Luckins powerful header..........All the lads worked hard and ran their socks off and Pietro looked fit and sharp when coming off the bench in the second half, almost scoring within 30 seconds of his introduction...

Again some very dangerous and quality balls played into the box and we should really have had it safely wrapped up by half time...

Well done to all the team for giving us an entertaining game and worthy applause for you at the end :D

Edited by kevchenko