Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Justin Gardner - New Aveley Boss

As a long suffering Aveley fan I am pleased to see a young and upcoming manager installed as new Aveley boss.

Unfortunately, I see this move as an act of defeat in terms of this season but the club did state they are looking to the future which you would expect will be in Ryman 1 North.

I look forward to seeing all of the Bethnal Green superstars in action at Mill Field.

This is good news for the ESL leadesr as it looked like Bethnal would go on and win the league with their offensive style of play.

All the best to Justin - with comments made in the local press this appointment is for next season with the club looking likely to be relegated

Let's hope they turn their fortunes round and avoid it so he is plying his trade in the Ryman Premier and not Ryman One

this appointment is for next season with the club looking likely to be relegated

Sorry - That's a bit of a defeatist comment isn't it, I can see GAFFA doing a Martin O'Neill at Sunderland

I wish Justin all the best in his ventures.

Personally didnt see BGFC as contenders to win the ESL this year.

Stats dont lie ..scored 30 less that top team and conceded 10 more/ pld 21 with 43 points against played 22 with 53 points

They will probably be in top 4 or 5 , depends on whether they can maintain their momentum.

I think it is a positive move for the club but you have to accept it would be difficult for the new manager to keep us in the division. I cannot imagive he will be able to recruit players of the standard we would require. Hopefully he can lay the foundations for next season and a promotion push.

Rhodes - my comments were based on the article I read from Mr Johnson who said they were looking at next season

I hope that Justin can do a Martin O'Neill and turns the fortunes round and they stay in the Premier - which the rest of my post stated

Just seen this on the Aveley website

Aveley FC are pleased to announce that their new manager taking over the realms after Lee Hodges's recent resignation is Justin Gardner.

Club Secretary, Craig Johnson told Pitchero: "Justin is an up and coming manager, who has cut his teeth at Bethnal Green United FC, taking them into the Essex Senior League and winning three trophies in the last two seasons.

"He has been on our radar for a while now, and we have watched his progress with interest over the past year or so. We beleive Justin has the desire and commitment levels required to be sucessful, something that has been disappointing in managers that we have appointed since the departure of Rod Stringer to Braintree some 18 months ago.

"However that's down to us as a club, and we take the responsibilty and would only appoint a person if we thought they were up to the task. Some decisions you get right, sadly we have got a few wrong, but we move on in the belief that Justin will meet our expectation levels.

"Justin's appointment has been made with the long term in mind, in that we are realistic to know that our Ryman Premier Division days are all but gone. However that will not stop Justin from trying to win each and every game, as he takes charge for the first time this weekend with a home game against Wingate & Finchley."

I am sure Justin will be making a few additions to the squad, so why not pop along to Mill Field this Saturday (25th February) and see the new Millers in action.

As I said previously all the best to Justin & his team

Good luck to Justin hope it goes well for him, he has done a great job at bethnal green but who is going to take bethnal green over now I wonder?

JPS so if BGU won their game in hand they would be 7 points behind with 12 games to go. 11 wins on the bounce and in red hot form. If Justin and the side stayed together I would put money on them pegging back the sides at the top. A poor start cost BGU.

Jenko - Didn't GAFFA try to persuade you to follow him to Aveley as his bag man

A fair portion of the rest will be coming over from Ilford as he has a budget which is tempting some of their players

Errrr... has he seen the Division 1 North table?! Though saying that, from what I have seen, Ilford are nowhere near as bad as their position suggests.

Thats probably true looking at their results as they seem to be edged out in quite a few of their games like Aveley are in their division but if you use that analogy then Gary Cahill should not have gone to Chelsea from Bolton, Valencia from Wigan to Man u or Troy Hewitt from Ilford to Harrow Boro to QPR.

Jenko ...A lot of 'ifs' there mate.

Bottom line is he aint staying and neither are there better players ..but I make you right ..a poor start has cost them dear...

I dont really see then pegging back Manor or Witham though.

Jenko ...A lot of 'ifs' there mate.

Bottom line is he aint staying and neither are there better players ..but I make you right ..a poor start has cost them dear...

I dont really see then pegging back Manor or Witham though.

Especially after losing 0-2 at home to Sawbo the other night.