Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Witham town vs Takely

JPS

A predictably tough encounter, between 2 in form teams who were on unbeaten runs.

Witham scored a really well built goal in the first half, and managed to retain their lead .

Takely had their center back sent off for elbowing the Witham Town winger ...not even subtle !!! and ref had no choice ...this didnt help takleys cause...... try rugby mate...bet your team mates were really impressed with you .....!!!!

It was apparent that the Takely back four were not used to playing together and I assume they had players out....as did Witham who had 3 key players out injured.

The strength and depth of the Witham squad has enabled them to put 11 quality young players on the pitch week in , week out and still have players on the bench who can make a difference, and these guys on the bench would walk into most ESL teams.

Well done to Gary and his management team and the Witham lads ...well deserved, and the league was won by the results Witham got on the road, having the ability to score for fun, whilst having the most effective back 4 in the league.

Few scouts sniffing around .....surprise surprise, but the boys have got such a great ' esprit de corps' that I would suggest it will take a lot of asking and a really successful team to prise the team apart .....

League won ......two cups to go........

hookey ...thanks for the kind words ....Ryman will be a big jump, but the Club is up for it and the current squad have already tasted victory against some ryman teams.....only Ilford and Averly, but I really think that with a bit of bolstering up in a couple of areas the lads will hold their own.

Its a real shame that despite having a cracking season and having won the league with 4 games still to play, scoring record number of goals and conceeding so few ...yet still some football folks find it really difficult to acknowledge it .........says more about them I guess !!

All the best for next year ..I hope it works out for you guys

hookey ...thanks for the kind words ....Ryman will be a big jump, but the Club is up for it and the current squad have already tasted victory against some ryman teams.....only Ilford and Averly, but I really think that with a bit of bolstering up in a couple of areas the lads will hold their own.

Its a real shame that despite having a cracking season and having won the league with 4 games still to play, scoring record number of goals and conceeding so few ...yet still some football folks find it really difficult to acknowledge it .........says more about them I guess !!

I have seen every team this season more than once and Witham stood out head and shoulders above everyone else,well done to Gary and the gang good luck in the Ryman and your set up is the best in ESL by miles so well deserved.

Cheers JPS, though I suspect your kind words were meant for Basildon United, not Basildon Town (Olympian League). All the best.