Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Didcot game - This just doesn't feel right to me....

Rother

I really am in 2 minds as to whether to go the game against Didcot on Saturday.

It's a big game but it just doesn't feel right going along to support a team that won't be there the following day.

Nothing at all against Keith, Jim and the players, but win lose or draw, clapping them off and saying Goodbye just feels too weird / bittersweet for my palate.

Am I alone in this? Am I being a plonker?

And why are they staying on for one final game? There's no contractual commitments presumably so why play - this team is now the past.

I dunno, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Isn't there a rule in the FA Cup where you have to be registered a certain period before being able to play ? As Keith and Jim know the players makes sense that they stay. A win would help the finances as well. Another reason to go is that the club needs every penny they get to help finance the improvements and revenue stream

Rother have have to kind of agree...

But after reading Ryans article in the paper (http://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2012/09/06/62438-exclusive-ryan-parsons--players-feel-let-down-by-windsor-fc/) I am looking at it this way. They want to play well to show the supporters thanks plus I would like a chance to say goodbye and best wishes with a drink in the bar after the game. To be fair I have got to know some of those players on and off for a few years (I sponsored Ryan this year) and I regard some of them as friends. In some ways I will feel sad on Saturday but I would rather see the players off than just sit at home thinking about what could have been. An end of a chapter so to speak.

Maybe the 2 lowish crowds made Kevs mind up for him. Sad that Ryan feels let down but thank him for his efforts. Will be a sad day on Saturday but hopefully the supporters will still be there to pick up the pieces after they've gonei

Archived