Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ladies win

The Ladies side beat top of the league Hackney 2-1 at home this afternoon. an excellent first half performance saw them leading 2-0 at half time and despite Hackney pushing forward in the second half the only goal conceded was at least two yards offside (I was perfectly in line) but the referee chose to ignore the linesman's flag. Ashford also hit the post twice in the second half.

Great news.

However, if you were perfectly in line, Phil, a yard can make a lot of difference :lol: .

Who am I to talk?

No offence, mate, Just my weird sense of humour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's worth pointing out that Hackney had a 100% record prior to their visit to the RPS and remain four points clear. The match report will no doubt be an even better read than normal!

Well done to the Ladies on an excellent result!

Fantastic win for the team who are still finding their feet at their new level and are now like the walking wounded with so many injuries to key players.

I was unable to make the game and given the result I think I'll stay away!!

Well done to the team and thanks to everybody for the support :-)

Great result for the Ladies. Another possible pre-season friendly for next July/August?

Gentlemen v. Ladies? Could be a good press release to start next season's campaign, and a good chance to 'bond' the different senior sections of the club.

<boring FA hat>

Males and females are allowed to play with each other up to and including Under-14 but an inter-gender adult match would be forbidden.

</boring FA hat>

It was a serious suggestion, I did not mean to imply anything inappropriate.

I should have realised there might be some FA rule on this, but even if a charitable donation (from a modest admission charge etc) was the purpose of the friendly contest, would the rule apply?

I think it was some years ago that a testimonial game at the Hawthorns saw an all-black footballer side play an all-white footballer side (it was for Len Cantello in 1979). I am sure the FA would seek to prevent that these days, as well.

For those too young to remember, or believe it would have been allowed, see link below.

Swifty - at least it wasn't a Jimmy Savile line! Jimmy Savile never had lines, he had rows (Savile Row??).

http://www.google.co...bL8Aucbb9u9JKaQ

Archived