Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

North Greenford

kevchenko

Well done lads on a battling 3-2 win against a spirited North Greenford side....

0-1 down in the first half from a low shot that seemed to go through Macca we played some nice football at times and this continued into the 2nd half with several un-converted chances from some lovely crosses into the box.. To be honest though we were never at our best and a sublime free kick put the visitors 2-0 up on 75mins... We made some changes which livened things up and Hanif off the bench tapped in at the far post on 78mins On 82mins a cross was headed against the underside of the bar bounced down and away and Kofi converted with a bicycle kick.... Then on 88mins another super sub Kazi picked the ball up on the left drove on hit a shot from the edge of the box that their keeper had covered and it deflected off the centre halves head into the opposite corner....

A valuable 3 points that keeps us in the "mix" :rolleyes:

A return to winning ways, created by our never say die attitude.

In the early parts of the game it seemed we were very static when we had the ball and the lack of movement caused a lack of options. This slowly improved and after going 2 down our passing game began to shine through.

We took our goals well with Hanif getting us on the scoresheet with his first for the club, an excellent overhead kick by Kofi after the ball had crashed off of the crossbar and the winner was a piledriver from Samad that took a deflection, taking the keeper out of the equation.

Interesting how we played 20 odd seconds short in the first half! even though there was a NGU substitution, How does that happen? I thought the ref was reasonable but In the first half, a NGU defender tried to block a cross just inside the box, but the ball span up and hit his hand, totally unintentional and the ref waived play on. The second half in the middle of the pitch the exact same thing happened to Dan Brown and a free kick for hand ball was the result. Mindboggling.

Anyway 3 points in the onion bag!

Well done everyone!!!

A tough match last night against a plucky North Greenford despite being one down we still had chances to score & even at 2 nil down we were certainly applying pressure and I thought we could get back into the game.

The subs really made a difference I was again impressed with Samad he always does something when he comes on.

Again good support and banter behind the goal the highlight has to be their Keeper headbutting the post after receiving treatment following a 50-50 with Kofi - I was surprised he didnt go down atfter that!

I expect a tough match Saturday so lets get behind the boys.

With my supporter's hat on, I was highly frustrated that we didn't change things earlier but I suppose Burgo has the perfect answer!

Unforgivable that at this level a referee can't get the timings right and blows up early in the first half.

Just goes to show that no game is easy though - North Greenford almost bottom of the League but they looked to have the match won when they scored their second. Three goals in twelve minutes did the trick though. I wish Neil Shipperley well at NGU - nice to see an opposing manager staying on for a few drinks afterwards in such a cordial fashion.

This was the Late Show, indeed.

I always time games out of habit (it's one of my better habits!).

The first half ended barely on 45 and several people around me on the clubhouse side commented upon it. Alex Ferguson would have gone bananas.

A welcome 3 points from a somewhat uncertain performance over the 90 minutes, or so.

Archived