Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon Clubs

piper

I put this on here not to be insulting or to try and wind up people involved with clubs from my home town but in pure confusion.

Why is it so hard for basildon to have successful non league football. Neither of our step 5 clubs seem to have been set up over the past 10 years in the right way to push on and in some instances it seems that our teams are set on being the butt of jokes on here or around the grounds. I would love to have a real local non league side. If you talk to the people who have run the clubs over the recent history they will tell you of the time and money they have put in and always seem to say the right things but I have to wonder if they really have taken it in a forward direction. I will continue to support local teams and live in the hope that before I leave this earth I will see a Basildon side at the very least reach step 4.

• 2 weeks later...

October was a bad month for both clubs, Basildon Utd started brightly with a 3-0 win at Stansted then promptly sacked the manager, then lost their three games since, including a 6-0 drubbing at Tilbury last night in the Essex Senior Cup.

Bowers could only manage one draw in October and lost all their other games, including a 8-1 thrashing at Waltham Forest, also in the Essex Senior Cup.They also allowed Clapton their first win in 11 league games last night, going down 3-1.

Best of luck to both clubs for November!!!

Archived