Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2nd XI

I'd like to elaborate upon the previous comments. This was my first opportunity to watch Mick Snowden's Suburban League team for a little while and I was more than impressed with the overall display. Their opponents, Cobham, were not a poor reserve side by any means (and credit to them for they way they kept going) but our pace and passing movement at times was something special for a second team. Probably wrong to pick out individual players but Grant Cooper up front looked strong and Tommy Mooney seemed to be everywhere at times. Nick Hardy scored one of the goals with a thunderbolt and it was generally a really good game to watch.

We've been a bit critical of this week's referees so just a word also for Mr. Marley, who refereed with a smile on his face and never came close to issuing a card, not that one was needed, the attitude of both teams being excellent. With the financial announcement earlier it made for a good night all round.

In the next round the team will face either Molesey or Horsham YMCA in another two legged affair. Molesey are two up from the first leg against Horsham and the second leg is this Saturday at Molesey.

It doesn't look as if Beano will be doing any scooting for a while though as he appears to have sufffered a hamstring injury getting off the bus. Eddie, you'll have to be his runner.

A calf injury? Holy cow ;)

Wishing you a speedy recovery (no pun intended).

Sadly after announcing that he had single handedly earned the club THIRTY SEVEN THOUSAND POUNDS he limped away into the darkness of the night..............after supping a couple of ales of course.

How long has Nick Hardy been with the club? I recall him (or a chap with the same name) playing a couple of first team games a few years back. If it's the same Nick, has he re-joined us or has he been patiently waiting in the wings for a couple of seasons?

Archived