Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Help with identification please?

Had an hour over there around midday,saw 3 little grebes,one which was lighter brown than the others and slightly different facially.It was a bit confusing until I saw the white on its bill.Not sure if this was the bird though.

Also had 8 greenfinch

Grey wagtail

2 swans and a kestrel overhead

I dont remember ever seeing three grebes on the same lake, and even two is quite rare for me. Haven't seen any green finches at the park this year but have seen gold bull and chaff finches. Wag tails are common over there but not as plentiful as they were a few years ago. If you walk from the Warren Drive car park towards the Hornchurch Road and stay close to the stream you might see a kingfisher or two if you stand still long enough.

Did you mean to say you saw 200 swans and did you notice their poor condition compared to swans that live two to a lake and eat a proper diet.

Just meant to put swans,Didnt count them,couldn't be bothered.

Not in a good state but nor is the whole lake but this is obviously due to cuts nowadays.

Am going back In the morning to have another look.

It will always attract grebes given its close proximity to the chase where there are a few

Just meant to put swans,Didnt count them,couldn't be bothered.

Not in a good state but nor is the whole lake but this is obviously due to cuts nowadays.

Am going back In the morning to have another look.

It will always attract grebes given its close proximity to the chase where there are a few

I'm not sure if the state of the lake is due to the cuts. For years now a lovely but misguided lady literally fills her car up with out of date bread from tesco every single day and feeds it to the swans. Someone else buys 25kilo bags of grain and throws it in the lake. Duck and swan poo along with droppings from the thousands of rats that live by the lake make the lake a man made toxic tip. IMO the time will come soon when it will have to be filled in and landscaped.

Archived