Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mention of Ashford in the national press

Keith B

Probably not everyone's usual read, but try and get a copy (or a sneeky look at the local newsagents) of today's (Thursday 24th Jan) Daily Mirror, where Ashford Town (Mx) FC get a mention on page 57, rather than our previous occasional mentions in the sports pages.

I'll leave you to fill in the gaps by reading the article, but the Club helped one young man on his road to an enjoyable career off the pitch.

50p well spent, but then I would say that, wouldn't I !

NIce article,

Keith you should a very proud Dad, Liam was always a pleasant, hard working lad but has obviously grown into a very responsible and likeable young man.

SBF

Phil - thanks. I am very proud, and also respectful that the Ashford family looked after him six years ago from the age of 13 and so many people (I might name Bob P, Alan C, Dave Walsh, Danny Brett and Rick Wellard [always at risk of offending others who I fail to mention]) gave him so much support that cannot be under-stated. Tori, Bodge etc etc.

He is an Ashford supporter through and through, as am I, even if our presence at games is less than we would like during these cold months, but at least when my three lads were ball-boys, no one ever kicked them!!! Might have been a different reaction from the young lad at Swansea on Wednesday night!

Regards to all

Keith

Archived