Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Marlow 2 - 1 Tangerines

kevchenko

An early Bits Pen after Terrell was fouled put us one up but a scrappy goal that seemed to go through Jim and Macca and another poor one conceded from a cross following a free kick saw us 1-2 down at the break....

Their 9 should have been sent off taking Russ out in mid-air and was eventually booked for a late challenge on Russ a few mins later...

We bossed the second half after Alex and a Marlow player had been sent only seconds after the re-start for what looked to be a bit of handbags in the middle of the pitch, to be honest I didn't really see what happened as I was walking around to take up my second half position

Samad and Bits linked up well and providing some good chances from the right flank but we missed several good opportunities, oh for a force or presence in the box to stick something away :(

Samad clipped the outside of the post after being played through on the edge of the box and a lovely Bits free kick hit the outside of the same post...

The referee had an absolute mare, he allowed several Marlow players to cynically time waste pretty much all through the second half and lost a grip on proceedings...

It was a very ugly win for an over physical and unsporting side that used gamesmanship to the extreme, that may sound a bit like sour grapes but the reasonable sized crowd didn't even applaud their own team off and mutterings of "that was hard work" were overheard........

How we didn't come away with all 3 points let alone 1 beggars belief :o

So not the best start to the league campaign but hopefully we will be "Up for the Cup" come Saturday :jump:

Have taken a couple of days to calm down! I feel a bit sorry for the Marlow fans if that's how their team is going to play for the rest of the season.

The ref was completely lost and the time added on was about half if the time wasted by the pathetic antics of the keeper and "injured" defenders.

A quite frankly disgusting bit of verbals from their number 11 as he left the pitch after getting a straight red where he called a sixty year old a prick and then offered him outside! Still what do you expect from a team that has a bloke on the dugout wearing a string vest! Very professional!

However we should have got something from the game and can really only blame our own poor finishing.

We need our ruthless streak back and put these teams to the sword.

Archived