Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Northwood part 1

Swifty

I am hoping to come to the league game but if the weather forecast is correct I might have a "duvet" day :lol:

Any news on young Joe and the rib injury? Hope the lads OK for tomorrow.....

Kev, mate, keep dry and join us on the terrace. Get some atmosphere going with your racket bouncing off the roof! You never know, there might be some spare boardroom casserole going after half time and that's worth turning up for on its own!

Sorry to say part 1 was pretty ugly neither side looked great but Northwood scored 3 could have had more as Tyler had saves to make whereas their keeper had exactly one straightforward free kick to gather... Not wanting to continue the negative spiral that we are on but I cant recall any real chances or moments of excitement for us...

Macca was sent off just before half time adjudged to be the last man when committing a foul just outside the box and the ref allowed play to go where Northwood had a couple of half chances before coming back for the free kick and red card and of course Tyler's first action was to pick the ball out of the net sent us into the break feeling very low at 0-2 

Not sure why we didn't switch our wide men back to their correct wings after they changed sides at half time, sure always worth trying these things but if not working after 10-15 mins then surely change back?

A special mention to Harry Driver who was superb at the back and his diving headed clearance throwing his body in front of a powerfully hit shot in stoppage time shows great spirit....

I’m proud of the energy and determination our lads showed against Northwood. Our display with 10 was way better than most matches with 11 so far this season.

I don’t know the laws of the game that well, but is a ref allowed to play on after a red card incident, let a team miss a couple of chances, then let them have another go from a free kick after the red card? Absolutely baffling. We were still in the game and in with a chance of a point up until then. I don’t think we’ll win the fair play award this season!

True, we didn’t test Northwood’s keeper, though Perry went close with a scorcher, but Northwood weren’t camped in our half. The lack of chances in the second half was due to damage limitation after Macca’s sending off. Mark was unlucky to be sacrificed for Tyler as I thought he’d had a good first half and he, Hughesy and Lynchy were linking up well. With Lynchy changing role from attacking midfielder to holding midfielder and auxiliary help for Qas after the break, we went from three potential strikers to one, and it was too much for Hughesy on his own but he tried hard.

Our defence still looks too leaky, and Tyler made a couple of great saves, but you couldn’t fault the commitment of anyone in an Ashford shirt, and the despair etched on the lads’ faces when the third goalw ent in said everything.

I agree Harry Driver was star man. A sparkling performance from (I’ll say it again) a captain of the future. Lynchy impressed yet again, and credit should also be given to Jim Mann, who did a fine job at full back. Jim’s a real team player who’s happy to play wherever the manager puts him on the pitch, and not moan that he wants to play in one position and one position only. Take note, Alex Duffy.

Archived