Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

avely

rich the pipe

Shit competition anyway!

For me Aveley deserved the win. They had far more desire and energy.

We may look back on this as a low point of the season. For the time being though, you can see why so few people bother anymore.

Saturday is a must win game.

I thought we shaded the first half despite them having umpteen corners.

They equalised right on half time when their latest corner wasn't cleared properly.

The second half was rubbish.

They took the lead when the ref overruled the lineo on an offside decision and gave the goal.

We had a couple of chances late on to equalise but it would have been harsh on Aveley who wanted it more and deserved to go through.

Need to break this winless run on Saturday.

The referee did not "overrule" the linesman.

A Billericay defender mis-headed the ball straight to the lurking Aveley forward. The Assistant Referee, not realising that the ball had been headed by a defender flagged as the Aveley forward was in what would have been an offside position, had the ball been played by an Aveley player.

The referee went across to check that this was indeed the case and rightly determined a goal should be awarded.

Where he did not do very well was in his communication of his decision, his signal for the goal looking very much like a signal for a free-kick. When Billericay restarted play with the expected free-kick, it got a bit messy - avoidably so.

I felt we controlled the first half and didn't really look in any danger. I could only see them scoring from a set piece and unfortunately for us we conceded from a corner at a crucial stage right on half time. The goal was very similar to the one Leiston scored the other day and I thought it changed the game completely.

We were unrecognisable in the second half and we really do seem to have a problem putting in a 90 minute performance. We need to get back to winning ways quickly if we can and Saturday looks a very important game to me now.

Attendance 69 - Chew on that!

Do you mean if they'd played both halves like the first, Billericay would have won ....... or if they'd played both like the second Billericay would have lost by more.

We need to be more concerned about how Billericay played (and it really wasn't very well) than how Aveley played.

A strong first half performance from us, unfortunately marred by conceeding a goal on half time. I thought we were comfortable and thought nothing of their goal...At half time I thought we would repeat our first half performance, maybe step it up for the 45... 

...shame really but it's gone... time to move on... "if's" and "buts" don't change things...it is what it is and we are where we are and when we step out on Saturday, we deal with the now and get on to win the game... 

Archived