Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dick Barton?

kevchenko

A 2-0 defeat to make it an unlucky for some 13 league defeats on the bounce :thumbsdown:

Memories- Dick Barton- BBC Light Programme.

Yes I remember.

Dick Barton - Special Agent was a hugely popular radio programme on the BBC Light Programme produced and directed by such titans of British radio as Raymond Raikes, Neil Tuson and Charles Lefaux. Between 7 October 1946 to 30 March 1951 it aired at 6.45 (later 6.15) each weekday evening and at its peak it had a daily audience of over 20 million listeners.

What's this to do with football I here you say. Nothing, just a piece of nostalgia

I think the heading sums up what Kev wanted us to do to the opposition! Sadly, as Ben told me at Thursday's get together, this would have been a tough match due to Barton's usually direct approach and their sloping pitch, and I think Ben was expecting a draw at best.

PS - "Dick Barton" was also made into a TV series in 1979 by Southern Television, in the days when ITV was actually worth watching.

Archived