Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Samad returns for Ashford

Tel

Great news!!

Some more pace to go with our fighting spirit!

Great bit of squad strengthening! He knows the club inside out and can really make a difference

Welcome back Samad!

Very interesting. Just as we've got a settled team. Is Sammy on loan or has he left Walton and Hersham? I reckon we've missed both him and Bairoh Conteh badly this season.

The thing about Sammy is that he's incredibly versatile. He started out as a defender, then he was converted to a goalscoring attacking midfielder, and I think he's happy to have a go up front as well. I'm sure I'm right in saying Sammy's still our joint top scorer this season (with Weighty) despite leaving in September!

From the Ashford Town web

Samad Returns

Details

Created on Tuesday, 25 March 2014 11:23

Written by Drinkwater

The Suburban side returned to winning ways on Monday evening with a 3-0 victory over a spirited Frimley Green team, the goals coming from Clarke Thorley (2) and Oliver Krusywski. The match was marred though by a severe injury suffered some 20 minutes from the end by a Frimley player who was taken to St. Peters Hospital with a possible broken leg after falling heavily. We send him our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

The 1st Team travel to Northwood this evening (Tuesday) and Ben Murray has sent the following quote:

“It is now confirmed that Samad (Kazi) has rejoined us for the rest of the season and will be in the squad tonight at Northwood. It is great to have Samad on board at this stage of the season, he brings experience of what is required at Step 4 level and will understand the style and attitude required for the club to push forward in these vital nine games remaining. He committed himself to the squad last night and is confirmed as part of the squad tonight at Northwood"

Ashford have also signed last night’s two goal scorer,17 year old Clarke Thornley on first team forms after a run of impressive performances for the reserves and he is now training with the first team. We have also signed Ex-youth team captain Jamie Pearce and Jack Mayger on forms as a back up to the squad, with the deadline looming, they are currently with Virginia Water.

Archived