Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ebola - will tens of thousands die?

So are we about to see a major world wide outbreak that will kill tens or hundreds of thousands?

I suspect that we will.

Are we going to have to get used to seeing people wearing masks on a plane, at customs, when we go shopping, when we visit the GP or go to the bank?

I think we will see masks everywhere in the UK.

How long before Tesco's, Asda etc., start to sell masks?  I bet they are already sourcing them.

Or will bird flu still be the big one?

It has to happen at some stage - that is a given. It is just the case of when not if.

Of course 4,000 deaths so far is nothing - many more are killed on the roads. But 4,000 could quickly become, 40,000.... 400,000

Come back in a years time and say - Ralph was correct - or feel free to say that it vanished and I was wrong.

But still expect to see masks everywhere.....

I see that UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon appealed to U2's Bono to mobilise the World, Bob Geldof style, in the battle against Ebola, he issued the plea after struggling to raise an ambitious billion dollars from World Governments to tackle the killer virus in West Africa.

Many more will die, but like AIDS, a cure/vaccine will be developed, AT A COST !!

• 3 weeks later...

Big J R - It's always the same old sob story in Africa isn't it, if it wasn't Ebola it would be something else.

I blame the eating of bush-meat.

We can't hold Rhodesly at fault for everything JR. Tut tut.

I blame the eating of bush-meat.

Big J R - You could be spot on there, that's half the trouble as the majority of West African Countries are so primitive aren't they. 

Big J R - You could be spot on there, that's half the trouble as the majority of West African Countries are so primitive aren't they. 

NO COMMENT !

Archived