Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

31st Jan Bognor Away

Cambers

• 2 weeks later...

A decent result, with Teddy, Scotty and Callum all standing out.

Today was my first visit to Nyewood Lane. 

The Bognor fans thought their pitch was heavy today!  It looked great and held up really well.  Really liked their clubhouse and the big electronic scoreboard.

I'll sort the highlights video out for tomorrow.

Had a great laugh on the BenBus.  All-in-all its been a great day.

I thought the draw was a fair result. Lads fought hard and both teams had their chances. For me MOTM was Pooley. Worked hard, created, passed the ball crisply, worked back when required, lead and supported over the whole 90 minutes. Those players rallied around him and gave a good account of themselves but Generalisimo Pooley was the glue that held it together and marshalled the players...

Pooley is always a good shout for MOTM and is nailed on for Player of the Season in my humble opinion.  He's at least an 8 out of 10 every match and having a great season!

Highlights video:

http://billericaytownfc.wix.com/fans#!bognorregisvideo/c22dl

Another cracking day out watching the boys.

Early doors boozer carefully selected by Umbrella man was your proper pub, juke box and pork scratchings were a good starter!

Bognor clubhouse was immense, bright, airy, friendly staff and plenty of tvs.

Was surprised at how good the pitch looked, pretty sure we won't see a better one in February!

The game was a little dull first half but improved second. Great goal by Sappleton but then a rush of blood caused our keeper to bring down a Bognor player for their penalty which was slotted away.

I thought it was a fair result and both sets of fans seemed to agree. Was impressed with our new keeper, looked to be more than suitable replacement, yeah he made a mistake but think that was just nerves.

Another beer in the clubhouse before we moved back to the seafront.

Great day out at a very friendly and well run club.

Cheers lads

Instantly forgettable first half. Fast forward to the second. It looked like we were on for a first league win at Bognor since 1994 when Sappleton's superb header (from a Poole cross) gave us the lead. Not quite sure what the keeper was thinking of to gift Bognor their penalty, but he had made a fairly solid debut up until that point. Chances for both sides to win it, a draw probably the right result.

As always, an excellent set-up at Bognor. Fantastic pitch. We can only but dream.

Chances of Monday being ON...?

Had a bit of drizzle earlier so ???  But it's meant to be -2 and not much better tomorrow so the pitch could be solid rather than muddy.

Totally agree with Pooley being a top contender for player of the season.  

Another cracking day out watching the boys.

Early doors boozer carefully selected by Umbrella man was your proper pub, juke box and pork scratchings were a good starter!

Bognor clubhouse was immense, bright, airy, friendly staff and plenty of tvs.

Was surprised at how good the pitch looked, pretty sure we won't see a better one in February!

The game was a little dull first half but improved second. Great goal by Sappleton but then a rush of blood caused our keeper to bring down a Bognor player for their penalty which was slotted away.

I thought it was a fair result and both sets of fans seemed to agree. Was impressed with our new keeper, looked to be more than suitable replacement, yeah he made a mistake but think that was just nerves.

Another beer in the clubhouse before we moved back to the seafront.

Great day out at a very friendly and well run club.

Cheers lads

Good to see that Bognor is still one of the friendlier clubs to visit.  

Having spent a few years working in the area it was my "home" club during that period and I can vouch that for a visitor I was always made welcome and the fact that hand pulled Abbot was on offer made the visit even better!

Pitch from memory was always pretty good and was "big"?

Clubhouse is relatively new as I understand a fire damaged the one I visited.

Reading all the reports brought back some very happy memories.

Thanks guys. :)

Archived