Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hx 2 VCD 0

cup of tea

As sad as it is bend it,I fear you could be right,or at least it's partly responsible.

Although the incident a few weeks ago I believe was a one off where all parties would regret,it's been a stressful time of late and unfortunately these things happen,it's certainly not the first club that's experienced this and won't be the last and it's a passionate game and things are said and done in the heat of the moment,but fans should respect those working at the club and giving their time,often for pittance or nothing and think before abusing them and also those running and working for the club should think before their actions but these things do happen.

Sad thing is,the people that run the club now are good football peopke,whose heart is in the right place but the damage has been done years ago amd then again with the betting scandal which has never been resolved in this country.I fear some just don't trust football and the authorities,it certainly had an effect on me,although my absence this season is more due to my relationship breaking down,seeing my daughter as much as possible on a Saturday and work commitments.

There are people who go to games a couple or few times a season,they used to post on here but probably look on here now and see it's dead and don't post,therefore they simply don't seem to bother going to games....I do think some people just don't grasp the importance of a clubs forum to promote the club and it's games,news and functions.

Yes,not everyone likes it,that's fine,not everyone likes twitter or facebook or websites but some do like it and I often get people asking me why the forums so dead.

There are limits, even in the heat of the moment.

Rumours about betting, players playing for other teams etc. - these are just things that the club itself is powerless to do anything about and I feel that Colin, Ken and Jimmy have acted with dignity throughout.

I'm confident that we'll see a bigger crowd on Saturday - VCD didn't seem to have any support in the ground at all last week, Dagenham and Leyton Orient are both playing away on Saturday, West Ham play on Sunday.

First time posting in a while. Yes i do still occasionally browse this forum to see the goings on with Hornchurch. I haven't attended games due to me being at Palace nearly every week home & away. I use to go to matches all the time and get a right old kick out of it! Love going to away games to grounds i had probably never been to before. Take Truro or Dorchester a few years back, I really enjoyed that weekend as the costs were low ect. That was the time I really enjoyed the football and all the old faces over at the club. Many people over the club i still say hello to and what not. A lot has happened these past few years in the lower leagues of football which has in a way made me turn my back on it. I don't blame the club for this. I never would. Its the level of trust that gets chucked in with it also and that for me has totally gone. I honestly have no idea why the crowd levels have dropped so badly (could be down the the reason me and a lot of my mates no go elsewhere) but who knows. 112 for a saturday league game mid season is somewhat unheard of. Dagenham offering cheaper tickets could be a factor. To me it lost its intensity a while back. For some reason the passion just seemed to vanish from myself as well as the enjoyment & i'm still clueless as to how that has come about. I wish i had the same feeling when we beat lowestoft to go up into the what was the conference south, Those were the days. So many people over the club work their ars*s off and for that I can only give them credit. I give credit to those who spend money week in week out to follow the team. The supporters are a real credit to this club and without the hardcore few unfortunately there will be no club. I will probably be over before the end of the season to see a few old faces i haven't seen for god knows how long. Wanted to be honest in my first post back in a while so here it is. Look to see you lot soon. Cheers

Archived