Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Game yesterday

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/Edwards-says-Billericay-Town-dressing-room/story-26295389-detail/story.html this article sums Edwards up really. A dig at a decent player and answering for the whole squad, who would want to come and play for somebody who says things like that. Even if Scott did something wrong to come out and make a comment like that doesn't help the club at all

This is shocking. I'm embarrassed as a supporter that this has happened, And it will not help the young lad's future being slated in the local press. He must be feeling pretty cut up to see this.  

To come out and say

"All I will say is our dressing is a lot happier place and I'm not going into it too much because we'll make our statement in due course," 

And then follow it with a load of ready to hand Stat's is nothing short of a public attack on the young lad.

Sad times.

Whatever the facts are, coming out with pointless stats in the local rag is embarrassing.

Scott has been our best defender this season, and is still only 20 years old. It's a real shame he's gone.

Hopefully he will be back

How many times have we been here before with public slaughter of players, Swainey is one that springs to mind. 

I am tired of hearing the same old line, 'you/we don't know all the facts'. Well you know what tell us, rather than telling us to go back and read a twitter feed, buy a programme or come down the club and ask a question!

We all know how Craig operates and so do every other club out there and to be honest it works with most players and he puts out a good team for the budget. Players know what they are coming into and so learn to accept the rules but I constantly feel the rules aren't enforced across the board and if a face don't fit then it is shamed and booted out as has been seen by Scotts departure.

As has been written above, he is a young guy, 20 I think, good solid player who gave his all whilst on the pitch and to then publicly slaughter him in the press with prepped notes is very poor, makes us look childish and really undermines us as a club looking to attract good young players.

Not sure how much more s**t the average turn up and pay at the gate fan will take but to many of us, including the numerous now resigned volunteers etc. we have had enough of the clubs behaviour and can only hope either the attitude from the top changes or those at the top make provisions to move on.

I do not want to inflame things but I thought the explanation from the Manager was helpful in understanding the situation with regard to Ryan Scott. We are at the end of season that has seen highs and lows on the pitch but we will end up mid-table a position that is about right. I think it would be helpful to have a further open forum after the season ends so we can discuss the season and get a view from Craig,Waiting until July will be too late. Anyway let's all stick together support the Manager and the players, especially as we have a cup to win.

Not sure how much more s**t the average turn up and pay at the gate fan will take but to many of us, including the numerous now resigned volunteers etc. we have had enough of the clubs behaviour and can only hope either the attitude from the top changes or those at the top make provisions to move on.

That's a fair shout Patriot.

I watched one of the board members last Saturday after the game and the way he treated a life long supporter of the club. Yet again it was another embarrassing sight.

I'd arranged a mascot package and they were at least 50 people extra thanks to it at the club. Thankfully only a handful of them saw this occurrence.  

Hi

Just a small but relevant point, the reference to the board has been made quite a few times on this thread however Billericay town is a limited company and the only director is the Steve kent company sec is i believe Sharon Kent. Their are no other directors or to my knowledge any non-executive directors. Therefore surely the club sec, match sec, treasurer etc etc are volunteers like any other supporter and would have very little clout unless sanctioned by the owner.

So the person treating a life long supporter badly was surely a supporter himself which makes things even worse. Pls i am not trying to be pedantic but the subject of who is running the club outside of steve kent is confusing.