Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Refereeing Appointments

There are rules I believe about the level of referee required at certain divisions. Other than that I believe Mick Ewen selects using his own set of rules, such as previous fixtures, travelling distance, etc.

I would say this year our first team have probably had a better mix of different officials. The reserves less so because of locality.

I'm sure PTG would know more but he doesn't seem to post much now

Regarding Premier Division games, those go to Level 4 Referees as the SSML has Supply League status.

Referees in Division 1 have to be (I think) Level 5 and have passed a fitness assessment in the summer.

Mr Ewen then takes into account most of the above regarding travelling distance, expenses and frequency. 

Assistant Referees are appointed based on their ability, experience and Level.

I am sure there are other bits and pieces that Mr Ewen takes into account.  :rolleyes:

Mr Ewen then takes into account most of the above regarding travelling distance, expenses and frequency

Are you sure about that

Are you sure about that

Good evening Cliff.

Fairly sure.

There has also been an increased in joint travel over the last few seasons as well so I would expect the expenses to Clubs has been reduced.

Well he has sent you far and wide in the past if I recall

Well he has sent you far and wide in the past if I recall

In the past, yes.

As I mentioned, in recent seasons more local games with any distance games being joint travel. 

I remember on many occasions London based Officials were sent to Cranfield, Winslow, Stony Stratford, New Bradwell, Ampthill, Buckingham and Bedford to Officiate and vice versa.

Archived