Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New forum

Bill of Shenfield

It's a shame that you have moved away from this forum as it used to be the place to find out what was going on at other clubs. Even thou I'm a moderator on the Hornchurch forum I can't remember when any comments have been moderated on our part of this forum.

It's a shame that you have moved away from this forum as it used to be the place to find out what was going on at other clubs. Even thou I'm a moderator on the Hornchurch forum I can't remember when any comments have been moderated on our part of this forum.

I'll try and explain but first a disclaimer. I was not directly involved in the issues that led to the defection, so I stand to be corrected by those with more knowledge.

The link on the BTFC Official Site describes this as "The Unofficial" Fans Forum. Last season a debate was taking place, which may have been construed as being critical of the Club and/or it's Oficials. It was not abusive and seemed a fair attempt at an unemotional constructive discussion. Without explanation the Post/Thread was deleted. Whilst I wasn't bothered about the topic, in the interest of free speech, I posted a request for the moderator to explain the reason for the deletion. Although it was ignored, a number of Billericay Moderators assured me that it was not them and inferred that Oficials at the Club had the ability to moderate as well.

As I say, I do not know the full story, but it would be nice if a few of the "burnt bridges" could be rebuilt. In the meantime, the new forum is truly independent and only has one moderator, a fan without official ties to the Club. Don't worry Urchin friends, many of us have retained dual registration to monitor both Forums - Well done on your great start to the season. COYB

blue piilgrim, I can understand where you are coming from. Like you I feel you should have the right to voice what you think on these forums, we had the same problem with our old regime but we now hope that is all behind us. 

All being well we could be playing each other again next season one way or another ............... Long live non league .....and free speech.

blue piilgrim, I can understand where you are coming from. Like you I feel you should have the right to voice what you think on these forums, we had the same problem with our old regime but we now hope that is all behind us. 

All being well we could be playing each other again next season one way or another ............... Long live non league .....and free speech.

Thanks Blackballed - I think you are nailed on for a quick return but we need to improve considerably to ensure we meet up again next season !!!

Archived