Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Longest serving club managers

Curtis

There are statistics on Sky Sports today regarding the average length of time managers stay in their jobs in the Football League (if we were in the Football League, Neil and Jon would be about 20th longest serving managers out of the current 92).

I tried looking on our web-site to see if there was anything on longest serving managers in the All Time Records but couldn't find anything.... so, out of interest, who would be our 10 longest serving managers? And how long did they manage the club?

I'm not sure who the longest are,but Ashley Hames must be one of the shortest.Wasn't he in charge for a couple of games for that T.V show from our days when we were based at Stag Meadow?

He might have the shortest but he also has the most successful. can't argue with a 100% win record. :D

There are statistics on Sky Sports today regarding the average length of time managers stay in their jobs in the Football League (if we were in the Football League, Neil and Jon would be about 20th longest serving managers out of the current 92).

I tried looking on our web-site to see if there was anything on longest serving managers in the All Time Records but couldn't find anything.... so, out of interest, who would be our 10 longest serving managers? And how long did they manage the club?

To be fair Massimo Cellini and Leeds have single handily drastically lowered the average serving time of managers in league football.

Bob Gibbs must be a candidate for longest serving. Started in summer 1961 initially in partnership with Les Wickson and Edgar Woodford and continued until summer 1970 with only a short break in 1965 during which Jackie Goodwin was manager.

Archived