Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting Attendance Figures

Irishadrian

We know our home attendances are poor  and we know thats not likely to change till our venue does In fact we are 12th in attendances at home matches but Im pleased to see that we are 4th in the table where we are the visiting team  This means we are bringing an appreciable number to away games but also that we are one of the top teams that opposing fans want to see.

We know our home attendances are poor  and we know thats not likely to change till our venue does In fact we are 12th in attendances at home matches but Im pleased to see that we are 4th in the table where we are the visiting team  This means we are bringing an appreciable number to away games but also that we are one of the top teams that opposing fans want to see.

Halfway in the Southern Premier division on home attendance figures for a team that don't have their own ground and play in the middle of nowhere.

I'd say our attendances are quite good considering.

Thats more or less what I said Glen We do take decent numbers and Slough Town are a big non league name that lots of opposing fans wish to see You are correct though geography wont bring good crowds to the new ground good performances and competent promotion will be necessary imo

Hopefully I'll be wrong but the fact it'll be council owned I can't see the club taking any profits from the bar, food outlets or the event space unless they take on the running off it which will be a risk. Be nice to think the club will get a cut of any matchdays takings from the above but I'm not so sure and to be honest we may never know or be told...

I would have thought the club would pay a lease fee and then be left to run the complex themselves, with maybe a council member on the board.

The sports complex will be for the use of the whole town 7 days a week and will need staff to man the facility accordingly.

As far as I'm aware the whole Community Sports Facility will be manned/run by the council with the possibility of volunteers from Slough Town football club helping out on match days and during the week.

My understanding is the Council, with the aide of grants, are funding the building and maintenance of the complex and as such their immediate aim will be to recoup their outlay.

Anything to do with rent/bar takings I'd imagine will be open for discussion between the Club and the Council.

Not so sure on that... as you say the council will want to recoup their outlay ASAP so any revenue would go to them. Why should they give the club a cut when they've given us (albeit leased) a brand new stadium?

I think because as a club we will be actively helping on match days + we will be actively holding meetings/functions throughout the year to bring in revenue for the council that a deal can be struck that on those occasions we will get a split of the takings.  

I might be completely wrong but to me that would a logical outcome of any discussions that take place. 

I really hope you're right (just doubt we'd be told) otherwise we're on the same deal as at Beaconsfield SYCOB.

It's all assumptions but another possibility is that we won't pay any rent but won't get any of the bar takings etc. Not sure what would be the better deal, no rent or a split of the bar takings?.

What ever happens the biggest plus is that we will be back in Slough and our gates should increase accordingly.

A tad drastic Kirk! Any fan would prefer to have a brand new stadium in town as opposed to a basic old rented ground miles out of town. We could well double our average attendance overnight so this will of course increase revenue but it will limit our ambitions if we never could make additional monies from the bar and catering. Hopefully we would also see increased commercial sponsorship.

I would have hoped that the income streams/costs for the new ground have already been agreed otherwise we may be walking into something that could cost us more than the current set up.

I am sure that Steve Easterbrook has already covered this with the council as he is far to astute to leave himself open.

If we ain't going to get some sort of revenue to aid the clubs progress I cannot see the point of a new stadium, might as well go and play at Upton Park .

Upton Court Park is fully booked so that counts that option out   :wacko: 

If we don't get any revenue from the bar/catering you'd rather carry on ground sharing at somewhere like SYCOB or Burnham rather than our own ground in Slough? 

I would have hoped that the income streams/costs for the new ground have already been agreed otherwise we may be walking into something that could cost us more than the current set up.

I am sure that Steve Easterbrook has already covered this with the council as he is far to astute to leave himself open.

Certainly make sense to have already discussed costs and income revenues with the Council which I'm sure Steve Easterbrook has already done.

Edited by Reading Rebel

If we don't get any revenue from the bar/catering you'd rather carry on ground sharing at somewhere like SYCOB or Burnham rather than our own ground in Slough?

Do you really think moving back to Slough is going to make a significant difference to attendances?

From what I see we have a Reading Rebel, Staines Rebel, Brighton etc, and most aren't going to have shorter or easier journeys to central Slough rather than the Beaconsfield Services.

It's probably why we have a big away following.... a fair proportion of our fans aren't living in Slough anymore and are used to a reasonably long journey even to home games, so don't mind a slightly longer journey to away games.