Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Worthing away

MikeMike

Well they were quite good weren't they?

The worst of all possible starts and a penalty leaving us two down inside twenty minutes and I feared it was going to be a fearsome beating.

A few scares followed but we settled and maybe if we could have nicked one before half time it would have been a different story.

Seemed more in the game second half although maybe Worthing were just managing the game, certainly still vicious on the break and Callum earnt his money with some fantastic saves.

The third was one that was reminiscent of Sean Marks, ball whipped in from wing and tapped home from close range.

A consolation goal in added time for Joe Christou and we all went home.

Again though, most results around us were favourable (especially Harlow losing - I hope we put them down) so limited damage. Eight points clear of relegation and five games left, three against lower place teams leaves fate in our own hands and am confident we'll still be in the Premier next year.

One final note, how fantastic to see so many kids out on the pitch after the game. The sort of community club that I feel Hornchurch are aspiring to.

Worthing are probably one of the best sides we have played this season. Certainly didn't help being a goal down before one minute had passed. If a side in our division has a better goalkeeper than Callum then good luck to them. Two wins or maybe just one more should see us to safety. Haringey this coming Saturday won't be easy 

Archived