Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Last day of season and so much still to be decided

MikeMike

It is so unusual to be this late in the season and for so many play-off/relegation places still to be decided.
So Dorking are champions and Harlow are relegated and realistically so are Burgess Hill unless they can reverse a 14 goal difference against Wingate&Finchley but who will take the final drop position between Whitehawk and Wngate&Finchley?

Haringey have made the play-offs but could be 2nd, 3rd or 4th but they seem to having a dip and face Dorking who still seem to be going for it.
Tonbridge are also guaranteed a place but only because Carshalton and Stortford face each other. All four places are available to the Angels.
Carshalton could fall at the final hurdle, or they could finish 2nd (or 3rd or 4th or 5th).
Stortford are in a similar position to Carshalton and this fixture is maybe the most enticing for the neutral.
Merstham are only outside the play-offs on goal difference and away to Worthing isn't the best fixture for them to creep in. Equally Worthing would also have liked something easier for the last chance of the dice.
Folkestone have had a marvellous April to also get themselves in with a chance and whilst home to Bognor won't be a walk it is maybe the easiest amongst their rivals.

I'm pleased we don't need a result at Lewes and can just enjoy the game regardless of result but would be nice to keep 15th place. 

I hope Whitehawk stay up and Merstham don't go up

Actually I wouldn't mind if Tonbridge stayed down too

Archived