Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

George Georgiou Departs New Salamis

I see that George Georgiou has surprisingly departed the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, see the press notice below, I know one person who will be very upset and I hope it won't affect his performance at Rothamstead Park tomorrow afternoon:

NEWS:

We New Salamis FC, have yesterday parted company with manager George Georgiou.

We would like to thank him for his many years of work for the club, bringing us success on the pitch especially our FA Sunday Cup success.

He will always be part of the Salamina Family

— New Salamis FC UK (@NewSalamisFCUK) September 27, 2019

Sorry to quote the iconic Barry Davies commentary on the Francis Lee goal again folks but it's interesting very interesting that New Salamis are playing their cards so close to their chest regarding George Georgiou's sudden departure from the Club. The great man has cleared his desk at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium and walked out of the door just before tomorrow's trip to Langford and with an FA Vase First Round tie against Eynesbury Rovers to look forward to as well as receiving a bye to the London FA Senior Trophy Second Round, not to mention a visit to Winslow United in the Challenge Trophy and entertaining Shefford Town & Campton in the Division 1 Cup. I wonder whether we can read anything into the 4-4 stalemate on Wednesday evening against basement Club Hillingdon Borough, a game New Salamis should have won with their hands tied behind their backs:

Assistant Manager Andrew Kouroushi will take caretaker charge until a successor is found. New Salamis will not be making any further statement regarding the managerial situation at this stage.

Interesting that only a couple of weeks ago New Salamis withdrew their 3rd Team from the KOPA League. They only re-entered the competition this summer and played a solitary game before leaving again.

Do you think the two are connected, Rhodes?

Any info from your usual reliable sources?

Who will be the next permanent manager?

The plot thickens.

There's never any smoke without fire is there, I'm just curious to know why George walked out of the door so soon after getting New Salamis to the promised land and starting relatively well at Step 6 level albeit not as well as St Panteleimon have. The Club are also playing their cards firmly to their chest regarding the reason for George's departure and there are odd messeges coming from the corridors of power at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium:

We are currently not inviting CVs for the vacant managers role. News will follow on our website over the weekend following the Langford away match.

Big J R - George Georgiou isn't someone to let money bother him or come between him and a Club so I don't think it was that, it's strange though that, like I said, he has walked away so early into what promised to be an exciting and successful campaign for the Club

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:15, Rhodes said:

I see that George Georgiou has surprisingly departed the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium, see the press notice below, I know one person who will be very upset and I hope it won't affect his performance at Rothamstead Park tomorrow afternoon:

NEWS:

We New Salamis FC, have yesterday parted company with manager George Georgiou.

We would like to thank him for his many years of work for the club, bringing us success on the pitch especially our FA Sunday Cup success.

He will always be part of the Salamina Family

— New Salamis FC UK (@NewSalamisFCUK) September 27, 2019

Strange timing with the club doing well.

One defeat in his last seven games before he left the club.

Savagebee - Yes, the timing is very strange indeed, George must have been delighted when his beloved Club got to Step 6 having won the prestigious FA Sunday Cup in 2016 at Selhurst Park and four KOPA League titles in a row before finishing runners up in the Hertfordshire Senior League last season and gaining promotion to the Spartan South Midlands League. George then clears his desk at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium and walks out of the door less than two months into the new campaign, something doesn't seem quite right does it:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Apr/17/georgiou-toasts-historic-triumph-for-new-salamis

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:24, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, the timing is very strange indeed, George must have been delighted when his beloved Club got to Step 6 having won the prestigious FA Sunday Cup in 2016 at Selhurst Park and four KOPA League titles in a row before finishing runners up in the Hertfordshire Senior League last season and gaining promotion to the Spartan South Midlands League. George then clears his desk at the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium and walks out of the door less than two months into the new campaign, something doesn't seem quite right does it:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Apr/17/georgiou-toasts-historic-triumph-for-new-salamis

Personal reasons maybe.

2 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Personal reasons maybe.

If it wasn't money matters, then that's my view.

4 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Personal reasons maybe.

Savagebee - Far from it, I have learned today that, quite incredibly, George Georgiou was unceremoniously sacked by New Salamis the day after their 4-4 draw with Hillingdon Borough last week, apparently he received a phone call on Thursday from the Club, presumably the Chairman, saying that his services were no longer required and that he cannot move them any further forward, it's hard to believe isn't it following a distinguished and dedicated eleven year career with New Salamis spanning two successful periods. George is clearly devastated particularly by the manor of his dismissal and not being told face to face and man to man at a Club meeting however I'm sure that the great man won't be 'unemployed' for very long. As for New Salamis, it's not surprising that the Club have been so tight lipped and unforthcoming about George's departure and they will go down in a lot of people's estimation after this. 

Well I know who it is very unlikely to be, Tom Loizou

Hope they appoint a Manager that can take a lot of interference from the board !

There wasn't a word about George Georgiou or so much as a thank you to the great man in New Salamis's match report following the 3-3 draw at Langford on Saturday, that's shocking isn't it:

http://www.parikiaki.com/2019/10/new-salamis-show-terrific-spirit-to-fight-back-from-3-0-to-draw/

1 hour ago, petethegreek said:

Well I know who it is very unlikely to be, Tom Loizou  Clement Temile

If New Salamis were interested I could certainly ask the so called 'Great One' if he wanted to join them with immediate effect as he is between jobs at the moment, they could certainly do a lot worse and it would obviously raise the Club's profile beyond all recognition as you will recall it did when he was with Kentish Town. This link is somewhat tongue in cheek but gives an indication of Clement's Worldwide profile:

http://www.vipfaq.com/Clement Temile.html

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

If New Salamis were interested I could certainly ask the so called 'Great One' if he wanted to join them with immediate effect as he is between jobs at the moment, they could certainly do a lot worse and it would obviously raise the Club's profile beyond all recognition as you will recall it did when he was with Kentish Town. This link is somewhat tongue in cheek but gives an indication of Clement's Worldwide profile:

http://www.vipfaq.com/Clement Temile.html

How about you contact the 'Great One' and see if he wants to throw his hat into the ring?

Okay, I will contact Clement but I wonder whether New Salamis have not considered Kenny Dyer who I believe is also between jobs at the moment, the Club will know him well from when he played professionally for Nea Salamina Famagusta and Ethnikos Achna in Cyprus and he has also played and coached in the KOPA League.

Edited by Rhodes

Furthermore I have learned today that Allan Fenn is available, that could be another possible candidate:

FISHER manager Allan Fenn has stepped down after only 11 games in charge of the club.