Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Northwood

AnfieldTowner

Disappointing to go out of the Middlesex Senior Cup last night against a team we should have beaten.

Andy took the opportunity to play many of the squad players and, in truth, the game wasn't as bad as the 1-0 scoreline suggests - we hit the woodwork 3 times and whilst I've not yet seen the footage I thought we had the ball over the line at one point. The officials did not agree.

Good performances in particular from Roman Campbell, Samson Esan and Gideon Nsiah who were a constant threat despite not quite managing to break the deadlock.

The silence regarding this game is deafening. There's not even a report of it on the club website, unless I can't find it.

i just hope I subsequently don't read that going out of the competition allows us to concentrate on the league as an email from the club said 'it's about time we won it'.

Got there a few minutes late    to see us concede the penalty.    Very unlucky from the freekick before hand and we looked dangerous down the right and with some very lively dribbling on both flanks

However we did look like we struggled to gel up front and were missing that clinical finishing....especially with Northwood having a few first teamers present.

Hopefully back to winning ways Saturday   ?

Archived