Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Projections 2020/21

24 minutes ago, petethegreek said:

Can you complete this season's Cup competitions in August?

Do you mean the four SSML Cup competitions, you're only hoping that one of the already appointed Officials can't make a new date and the Committee will give you one of the Finals aren't you, you're clutching at straws

15 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Do you mean the four SSML Cup competitions, you're only hoping that one of the already appointed Officials can't make a new date and the Committee will give you one of the Finals aren't you, you're clutching at straws

?????

5 hours ago, petethegreek said:

?????

That answer says it all, you were devastated when not being given a Cup Final this year weren't you and made some silly excuse to save face about attending the Division Two Final on 22 April at Leverstock Green

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

That answer says it all, you were devastated when not being given a Cup Final this year weren't you and made some silly excuse to save face about attending the Division Two Final on 22 April at Leverstock Green

There was a reason to attend that Final.

As mentioned previously, I have officiated enough Finals on the Spartan South Midlands League to concern myself with another one.

If I ever get any more that would be great. If I don't then I wont be losing any sleep over it. 

• 2 months later...

Perhaps it is just as well that the Coronavius came along and the planned implementation of the restructure of the National League System has been deferred until the start of the 2021/22 season as reading this well put together article from the Non League paper on-line it would have been incredibly involved albeit interesting to see where Club's would have ended up, particularly those from the SSML. The Q&A between the Non League Paper and the Head of National League System Laurence Jones, National League System Manager Matt Edkins, Leagues Committee Chairman Ray Lewis and Vice-Chairman Mark Frost is really fascinating stuff:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

NLP: Can you explain why the new divisions at Step 5 will be focused on the Midlands and west London/Thames Valley area?

MF: The mapping exercise for Steps 5 and 6 is for the benefit of the clubs. We’ve done all the work on where the clubs are and taken out the scenario of the existing leagues. We’ve put the groups together and now we’re going back to the leagues to say, ‘Which one of these groups would you like to run?’ Our remit is to make sure the clubs play football in the best manner.

NLP: How will Step 7 operate in the future?

ME: An important point to make is Step 7 isn’t impacted by the restructure – the two new divisions at Step 5, the new division at Step 4 and the reorganisation of Step 6 – because it’s just a movement of clubs within that Step 1-6 bracket. We’ll still take promotions from Step 7 to compliment what we’ve got but it was key to make sure they were impacted.

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:14, petethegreek said:

There was a reason to attend that Final.
As mentioned previously, I have officiated enough Finals on the Spartan South Midlands League to concern myself with another one.
If I ever get any more that would be great. If I don't then I wont be losing any sleep over it. 

Why was there a reason for you to attend the Division Two Final on 22 April at Leverstock Green out of interest, also do you keep a record of all the matches you have Officiated on over the years including SSML Cup Finals, if so how many have you done

51 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Why was there a reason for you to attend the Division Two Final on 22 April at Leverstock Green out of interest, also do you keep a record of all the matches you have Officiated on over the years including SSML Cup Finals, if so how many have you done

1. Reason is for you to work out.

2. Not kept a record. 

3. 6 finals. (I think)

Are you having a slow news day?

• 1 month later...

This thread should be renamed 'SSML Projections 2021/22' however I see that the aim for the 2021/22 campaign is to have 1. one new League in the North at Step 4 level (totalling 8 Leagues) 2. two new Leagues at Step 5 level (totalling 16 Leagues) and 3. three fewer Leagues at Step 6 level (totalling 17 Leagues). Watch this space for further details:

Billede