Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred'n Lg - Wk 9 results, Wk 10 games. By 14 Mar, 15:00

Jago

15 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Just out of interest, do you know what the biggest winning margin is? Was on the receiving end of a whooping by yourself

Yes Cuppa - your boys took a helluva beating.  A helluva beating.  Lord Nelson,  Mrs Thatcher.  Lord Beaverbrook.  Ozz,  Jago,   Can you hear me? 

<<< For those under 35 who are wondering what I'm on about .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjørge_Lillelien

>>> For those over 35 who are wondering - maybe you are following the wrong sport.

Anyway, no, I didn't previously have a record of the biggest margin, but following hours of in-depth research I do now.  And I can confirm that the biggest margin is actually 12 so your 11-goal thrashing is relatively benign.  The 12 was  (Incredibly) achieved by Sir Colin  in 2019-20 (Autumn), and less improbably by Ozz in 2016-17 (Autumn).  It's also been achieved 3 times when the opponent failed to turn up (i.e. 12-0 wins) but I'm not sure that counts.

Here are the biggest margins for each season when both teams turned up:

image.png.a7a2d3149aaa4274cf7d3b4879654359.png

And there are also the following 12-0 wins versus no-shows...

2015-16                   Andy Dick 12-0  Thomson
2016-17 (Spring)    Cup of Tea 12-0  Seany The Sheep
2016-17 (Spring)    Miss AFCH  12-0  Seany The Sheep

Enough late-night stats.

Good night.

Edited by Jago

2 hours ago, Fat Tom Daley said:

Are taking a break because of the Coronavirus? Is this a Prediction League board decision?

Unlike the world governing bodies, the Prediction League already has processes in place for all eventualities so no board meeting is necessary* .    As you know our motto is "to fail to prepare is to prepare to fail".    * and Cup of Tea is in Cheltenham anyway

So this week continues - albeit with just one game on.   But people may obviously adjust their attendance prediction - and indeed score right up to kick off.

Next week we will go 100% non league - after all we're supposed to know all about that.   Once non league stops I'm afraid, yes, we will need to have a mach mal pause (as they say in Germany) unless you're prepared to predict on the North East Hants Youth League Under 12s.

THE MANAGEMENT