Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Crawley Green

Excellent photographs from last season's FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie at the Brache between Crawley Green and Woodley United on 11 August 2018 which Crawley Green won impressively 7-1 only to go down 3-2 at home to Aylesbury United two weeks later in the Preliminary Round. Woodley United had taken an early lead however an unfortunate injury to their goalkeeper meant that forward Kai Parton-Edey had to play in goal for the second period and the game quickly turned in Crawley Green's favour:

Crawley Green FC

37 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Excellent photographs from last season's FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round tie at the Brache between Crawley Green and Woodley United on 11 August 2018 which Crawley Green won impressively 7-1 only to go down 3-2 at home to Aylesbury United two weeks later in the Preliminary Round. Woodley United had taken an early lead however an unfortunate injury to their goalkeeper meant that forward Kai Parton-Edey had to play in goal for the second period and the game quickly turned in Crawley Green's favour:

Crawley Green FC

Didn't know Crawley Green FC played on 3g.

Savagebee - The Brache is now a state of the art stadium and sporting complex with no expense having been spared, you wouldn't have imagined it years ago when going to a game involving Brache Sparta or previously when the ground belonged to Vauxhall Motors (Luton) who were firstly in the Spartan League and then the South Midland League until 1984/85 but the Club sadly folded following the 1990/91 season. Luton Town secured a long term lease of the entire seventeen acre site and use it as their training ground, the lease agreement also contains an option for the Club to purchase the land if they wish to do so but I expect it would cost a pretty penny. Where this leaves Crawley Green though I am not sure as their two season groundshare agreement runs out on 31 May and I don't expect Luton Town are overly keen to have the Club playing there and under their feet. The so called Wycombe Wanderer visited the Brache a while back and the link below is an interesting read:

https://footygrounds.blogspot.com/2018/10/crawley-green-brache.html

10 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - The Brache is now a state of the art stadium and sporting complex with no expense having been spared, you wouldn't have imagined it years ago when going to a game involving Brache Sparta or previously when the ground belonged to Vauxhall Motors (Luton) who were firstly in the Spartan League and then the South Midland League until 1984/85 but the Club sadly folded following the 1990/91 season. Luton Town secured a long term lease of the entire seventeen acre site and use it as their training ground, the lease agreement also contains an option for the Club to purchase the land if they wish to do so but I expect it would cost a pretty penny. Where this leaves Crawley Green though I am not sure as their two season groundshare agreement runs out on 31 May and I don't expect Luton Town are overly keen to have the Club playing there and under their feet. The so called Wycombe Wanderer visited the Brache a while back and the link below is an interesting read:

https://footygrounds.blogspot.com/2018/10/crawley-green-brache.html

Vauxhall Motors FC that's a blast from the past i forgot all about them.

Photographs from the Brackley Town Saints v Crawley Green FA Vase Second Qualifying Round tie last season, on 15 September 2018, which Crawley Green won 1-0 only to go down 4-2 at Thame Rangers in the First Round proper:

Crawley Green - (Home). FA Vase

Do Vauxhall motors still have a team higher up the pyramid? Remember the south mids one were always decent too as were Brache but the pitch and facilities as you say Cliff were pretty ropey at best, in fact they were so bad I’m surprised they weren’t referred to by nobody as a hidden gem. ?

10 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Do Vauxhall motors still have a team higher up the pyramid? Remember the south mids one were always decent too as were Brache but the pitch and facilities as you say Cliff were pretty ropey at best, in fact they were so bad I’m surprised they weren’t referred to by nobody as a hidden gem. ?

Vauxhall Motors Football Club is a football club based in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, England. The club are currently members of the North West Counties League Division One South and play at Rivacre Park. It was originally the works team of the Vauxhall Ellesmere Port Car Plant.

Yes, Vauxhall Motors were only in the Conference North in 2013/14 when they were forced to resign due to 'ever increasing costs' and joined the West Cheshire League in 2014/15 where they played for four seasons before joining the North West Counties League. This however isn't the same Vauxhall Motors (Luton) we are talking about who used to ply their trade on the Brache site in Park Street until 1991, there appears to be some confusion. These links may help to clarify matters about the old Club who were firstly in the Spartan League and then the South Midland League up until 1984/85 before getting promoted to the Isthmian League Division Two North but the Club sadly folded following the 1990/91 season despite finishing second:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=321961;search_string=vauxhall motors luton;guest=335079779#321961

http://www.fchd.info/VAUXHAML.HTM

13 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Vauxhall Motors Football Club is a football club based in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, England. The club are currently members of the North West Counties League Division One South and play at Rivacre Park. It was originally the works team of the Vauxhall Ellesmere Port Car Plant.

I remember this well ?

Mercedes had a short stint in South mids, think they either took over MK City or MK Borough, one season I played against them in youth and senior games. AC Delco, Electrolux (Kerry Dixon was gaffer I’m sure) Abbey National (though only ever div 2) were other work sides I can think of. 

Yep Mercedes - MK City

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes_City_F.C.

Reading this interesting article from two years back I guess there could be a chance Crawley Green can get their groundshare agreement at the Brache extended however I still feel Luton Town will prefer to have the facility to themselves particularly as their Ladies team are plying their trade at the Brache in the FA Women's National League Division 1 South East:

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2018/april/crawley-green-brache/

Crawley Green v Leighton Town in a SSML Premier Division fixture at Sharpenhoe Road on 17 January 2018 prior to Crawley Green moving to the Brache at the start of last season, Leighton Town won the game 2-1:

Crawley Green v Leighton Town SSMLP

• 2 weeks later...

Photograph's from Crawley Green v Dunstable Town in an FA Cup Preliminary Round tie during the 2013/14 campaign, at the Crawley Green Recreation Ground on Friday 30 August 2013, which Dunstable Town won 3-0 after Crawley Green had dispatched Codicote in the Extra Preliminary Round after a replay. Despite a goaless first period where Crawley Green played very well, Dunstable Town showed their class during the second period and journeyman Matt Nolan netted twice including a strike from the half way line:

Crawley Green v Dunstable Town FA Cup Preliminary round

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 16:15, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - The Brache is now a state of the art stadium and sporting complex with no expense having been spared

I haven't been to The Brache recently but those were the days weren't they:

https://laurencereade.com/2020/05/21/idiosyncratic/?fbclid=IwAR0pE2Gm2OwBjmEWRY8Ez-hxJFuAatFaMBnQg9njGw2Ad0VaNHzzrC5ImbI

safe_image.php?d=AQCsqcmAof01Hwmf&w=540&

• 1 month later...

A little after the Lord Mayors Show but 100 excellent photographs from a pre-season friendly between Crawley Green and Slough Town, prior to the 2011/12 campaign on 9 July 2011, which Slough Town won 5-0, I'm not sure where the game was played, does anybody know, it looks desolate:

09-07-11 Crawley Green (Friendly)

Edited by Rhodes

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

I'm not sure where the game was played, does anybody know, it looks desolate:

I don't like those awful 3g cage pitches I really try to avoid watching any game of footy in one of those awful things.

10 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I don't like those awful 3g cage pitches I really try to avoid watching any game of footy in one of those awful things.

Grim, I remember Potters Bar played around one of those (not 3G just Astro turf) back in the late 80’s or early 90’s. 

YouTube second half highlights from Crawley Green v London Tigers, on Saturday 22 September 2018 in a SSML Premier Division fixture, which London Tigers surprisingly won 3-2 on their way to relegation that 2018/19 campaign, finishing bottom:

Edited by Rhodes

Photographs from Crawley Green v Stony Stratford Town in a 2013/14 SSML Division One fixture, at a high noon Sharpenhoe Road kick off on Easter Monday 21 April 2014, Crawley Green won the game 3-1 and went on to finish fifth in Division One that season, their Reserve side won the SSML Reserve League Division Two losing just one game:

Crawley Green FC