Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FC Broxbourne Borough

Thought it was time to start a thread on FC Broxbourne Borough, this is going back a bit to 17 January 2009 however photographs of Aylesbury Vale v Broxbourne Borough at Haywood Way in a 2008/09 SSML Premier Division fixture which Broxbourne Borough won 3-1. The Goffs Lane Club finished a very impressive fourth that season which, correct me if I'm wrong, was the highest ever finish in their history under different guises going back to the formation of the Club in 1959 as Somersett FC:

Aylesbury Vale FC 1-3 Broxbourne Borough FC (17-1-09)

Sixty photographs of Goffs Lane, albeit not that recently, and a link to the Club's interesting entry in Pyramid Passion:

http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/broxbourne_borough_v_e.html

Broxbourne Borough V&E FC ground - Goffs Lane

Goffs Lane was looking amazing a month or so ago when this photograph was taken, imagine what it must be looking like today:

Billede

What on earth was this all about a month or so ago and why did FC Broxbourne Borough feel it necessary to issue a formal Club Statement, I wonder where the vicious rumour originated from and why:

CLUB STATEMENT
We have been informed of rumours going around that the club is being Sold.... the club is NOT for sale and never has been and will never be!! Also there is rumours of numerous senior teams for the next season this is also NOT true!!

18 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

What on earth was this all about a month or so ago and why did FC Broxbourne Borough feel it necessary to issue a formal Club Statement, I wonder where the vicious rumour originated from and why:

CLUB STATEMENT
We have been informed of rumours going around that the club is being Sold.... the club is NOT for sale and never has been and will never be!! Also there is rumours of numerous senior teams for the next season this is also NOT true!!

Yeah I saw that ?

Broxbourne Borough also had a good season in 2009/2010, they finished ninth in the Premier Division and won the SSML Challenge Trophy (see photographs below) beating London Colney in a dramatic penalty shoot out after extra time at Colney Heath on 11 May 2010, they also contested the South Midlands Senior Floodlit Cup Final just five days later, losing 2-1 to Royston Town as well as the Hertfordshire FA Charity Cup Final on 6 May 2010 losing by the same scoreline to Hemel Hempstead Town: 

https://s643.photobucket.com/user/ewaumsley/library/SSML Finals 2010/Challenge Trophy Final?sort=4&page=1

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P. ?

For now anyway.

Photographs from Cheshunt v FC Broxbourne Borough, at Theobalds Lane on 6 August 2013 in a pre-season friendly, Cheshunt won 3-0:

Cheshunt FC 3-0 FC Broxbourne Borough (6-8-13)

• 2 weeks later...

Over 100 photographs from Great Yarmouth Town v FC Broxbourne Borough, on 9 September 2017 in a 2017/18 season FA Vase First Qualifying Round tie, Eastern Counties League Premier Division Great Yarmouth Town won 3-1:

Great Yarmouth Town v Broxbourne Borough

Archived