Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre-Season Friendlies 2020

I have held off for as long as possible and apologies to PetetheGreek for stealing his thunder. Here is a thread for pre-season friendlies involving teams of Club's who will participate in the Spartan South Midlands Football League (SSML), Premier Division, Division 1 and Division 2, for season 2020/2021, please note that the information provided should be used as a guide only and those wishing to attend games (if allowed to) are advised to check with the Club's first, particularly in the current climate. I see that a pre-season friendlies thread has opened on another Forum and the same sort of common sense principle can be used here:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/pre-season-friendly-games.1740/

We know the PSF thread on here is highly regarded as THE best source of pre season fixtures either on the interweb or in print.
We don't know when the season will start so we know that all the PSFs that are 'arranged' are provisional. Because of that we do not want to restart the official PSF thread until the start date for non league is finalised and the PSF fixtures then become real fixtures rather than conjecture.
Hope you understand that viewpoint. In the meantime you can continue to post provisional arrangements on this thread if you wish.

Edited by Rhodes

Pre-season Friendlies provisionally arranged so far:

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedfordtownfootballclub/news/potton-friendly-confirmed-2545276.html

Edited by Rhodes

Set of provisional fixtures for Tring Athletic first team. Given the lack of FA guidance I suspect these dates will all be shuffled backwards 

Sat 01 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Stafford Rangers Development

Sat 08 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Ampthill Town

Sat 15 Aug
3pm
Away
Buckingham Town

Sat 22 Aug
TBC (double header with reserves)
Home (Cow Lane)
Huntingdon Town

Sat 29 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Aylesbury United

Tue 01 Sep
7.30pm (TBC)
Away
AFC Dunstable

Sat 05 Sep
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Walthamstow

Edited by tringarmy

Amersham Town have pencilled in some friendly fixtures but no dates as yet, these are with Glenn Sports, Wembley, Chalfont Wasps, an Aylesbury United XI, Aylesbury Vale Dynamos and a Northwood XI. This is what we appear to have so far but the early August dates look doubtful or at least with an attendance: 

Saturday 1 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Stafford Rangers Development (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 5 September 2020

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm)

On 14/07/2020 at 19:42, Savagebee said:

Friendlies.png

Rhodes your slacking petethegreek would have had these updated to his pre season games list by now ?

On 13/07/2020 at 10:32, Rhodes said:

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Tring Athletic 

Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Savagebee - I thought that Buckingham Town don't exist anymore as they became Milton Keynes Robins who then became Milton Keynes Irish so I'm a bit 'confused of Tunbridge Wells', I see that Milton Keynes Irish provisionally host Aylesbury United on Saturday 15 August so I will check out the supposed Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic fixture that day which TringArmy posted earlier. I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

If anyone should take it over from petethegreek it's you Rhodes.

29/08/20 North Greenford United v Brentham (KO TBC)

7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I thought that Buckingham Town don't exist anymore as they became Milton Keynes Robins who then became Milton Keynes Irish so I'm a bit 'confused of Tunbridge Wells', I see that Milton Keynes Irish provisionally host Aylesbury United on Saturday 15 August so I will check out the supposed Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic fixture that day which TringArmy posted earlier. I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

I left this in your capable hands.

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I left this in your capable hands.

He's not on it like you were petethegreek ?

I expect friendlies are going to ramp up in earnest now that the start of the new season has been dramatically announced today, somewhat earlier than anticipated:

Saturday 1 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Kempston Rovers (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Totternhoe (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Old Bradwell United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Buckingham Town(?tbc) v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Oxford City XI (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

North Greenford United v Brentham (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I expect friendlies are going to ramp up in earnest now that the start of the new season has been dramatically announced today, somewhat earlier than anticipated:

Saturday 1 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Kempston Rovers (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Totternhoe (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Old Bradwell United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Buckingham Town(?tbc) v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Oxford City XI (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

North Greenford United v Brentham (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

To be fair clubs like us and others had arranged them but just had to move the dates and then get them advertised after yesterday's announcement.

Leverstock Green Pre Season Fixtures (prov obviously but hopefully go ahead as planned)

Tue 04 Aug - AFC Dunstable (a)

Sat 08 Aug - Hemel Hempstead Town (h)

Sat 15 Aug - TBC but home to higher league opposition

Sat 22 Aug - Sarratt (a)

Tue 25 Aug - Amersham Town (a)

Sat 29 Aug - Chipperfield (a)

Sat 05 Sep - Bovingdon (a) - Now likely to be moved after yesterday's step 5 league start date on same day

Hoddesdon Town and ANother from East London TBC too.

Deano5 - Thanks, the hallowed Pancake Lane turf will be like a billiard table on Saturday 8 August for the visit of Hemel Hemstead Town won't it and to welcome the likes of Lee Bircham, Steve Bateman, Fred Benning and Danny Webb, it should be a great afternoon.

4 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Sat 08 Aug - Hemel Hempstead Town (h)

Let's hope supporters are allowed in to watch this cracker of a pre season game? That game is a money maker that could make all the difference to a club like Leverstcock Green FC.

We are doing everything we can to make it happen as it should be a cracker of a local derby against our really good friends from Hemel with lots of joint interests on and off the pitch.

We are in the hands of FA and government guidelines but we are lucky to have a strong team off the pitch that take great care of social distancing and health and safety covid guidelines.

Deano5 - Thanks, the hallowed Pancake Lane turf will be like a billiard table on Saturday 8 August for the visit of Hemel Hemstead Town won't it and to welcome the likes of Lee Bircham, Steve Bateman, Fred Benning and Danny Webb, it should be a great afternoon.

Yes Bill and his team have done a great job on the pitch during the lockdown and looked lovely when there yesterday.

Have a lot of time for Lee and Steve during my time at Berkhamsted and a very good article in today's non league paper about Lee and his new role.

I hadn't realised that pre-season friendlies are to be behind closed doors, or at least 'until advised otherwise' so the situation may hopefully change before Saturday 1 August:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

I hadn't realised that pre-season friendlies are to be behind closed doors, or at least 'until advised otherwise' so the situation may hopefully change before Saturday 1 August:

Billede

I normally watch a couple of pre season games each season at Spartans Youth FC (Brentford) they use a public park and people walk through the park walking there dog ? and they often stop and watch a bit of the footy. They won't be able to stop people watching games at venues like that will they?.