Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Rhodes

Pre-Season Friendlies 2020

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have held off for as long as possible and apologies to PetetheGreek for stealing his thunder. Here is a thread for pre-season friendlies involving teams of Club's who will participate in the Spartan South Midlands Football League (SSML), Premier Division, Division 1 and Division 2, for season 2020/2021, please note that the information provided should be used as a guide only and those wishing to attend games (if allowed to) are advised to check with the Club's first, particularly in the current climate. I see that a pre-season friendlies thread has opened on another Forum and the same sort of common sense principle can be used here:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/pre-season-friendly-games.1740/

We know the PSF thread on here is highly regarded as THE best source of pre season fixtures either on the interweb or in print.
We don't know when the season will start so we know that all the PSFs that are 'arranged' are provisional. Because of that we do not want to restart the official PSF thread until the start date for non league is finalised and the PSF fixtures then become real fixtures rather than conjecture.
Hope you understand that viewpoint. In the meantime you can continue to post provisional arrangements on this thread if you wish.

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pre-season Friendlies provisionally arranged so far:

 

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

 

Saturday 22 August 2020

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

 

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedfordtownfootballclub/news/potton-friendly-confirmed-2545276.html

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Set of provisional fixtures for Tring Athletic first team. Given the lack of FA guidance I suspect these dates will all be shuffled backwards 
 
 
Sat 01 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Stafford Rangers Development
 
 
Sat 08 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Ampthill Town
 
 
Sat 15 Aug
3pm
Away
Friendly (provisional date)
Buckingham Town
 
 
Sat 22 Aug
TBC (double header with reserves)
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Huntingdon Town
 
 
Sat 29 Aug
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Aylesbury United
 
 
Tue 01 Sep
7.30pm (TBC)
Away
Friendly (provisional date)
AFC Dunstable
 
 
Sat 05 Sep
3pm
Home (Cow Lane)
Friendly (provisional date)
Walthamstow
 
Edited by tringarmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amersham Town have pencilled in some friendly fixtures but no dates as yet, these are with Glenn Sports, Wembley, Chalfont Wasps, an Aylesbury United XI, Aylesbury Vale Dynamos and a Northwood XI. This is what we appear to have so far but the early August dates look doubtful or at least with an attendance: 

Saturday 1 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Stafford Rangers Development (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

Tring Athletic v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 5 September 2020

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2020 at 19:42, Savagebee said:

Friendlies.png

Rhodes your slacking petethegreek would have had these updated to his pre season games list by now 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 10:32, Rhodes said:

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Tring Athletic 

 

Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savagebee - I thought that Buckingham Town don't exist anymore as they became Milton Keynes Robins who then became Milton Keynes Irish so I'm a bit 'confused of Tunbridge Wells', I see that Milton Keynes Irish provisionally host Aylesbury United on Saturday 15 August so I will check out the supposed Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic fixture that day which TringArmy posted earlier. I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

If anyone should take it over from petethegreek it's you Rhodes.

29/08/20 North Greenford United v Brentham (KO TBC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I thought that Buckingham Town don't exist anymore as they became Milton Keynes Robins who then became Milton Keynes Irish so I'm a bit 'confused of Tunbridge Wells', I see that Milton Keynes Irish provisionally host Aylesbury United on Saturday 15 August so I will check out the supposed Buckingham Town v Tring Athletic fixture that day which TringArmy posted earlier. I knew that I should have left this thread for PetetheGreek as it has always been his responsibility and gives him something to do.

I left this in your capable hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I left this in your capable hands.

He's not on it like you were petethegreek 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect friendlies are going to ramp up in earnest now that the start of the new season has been dramatically announced today, somewhat earlier than anticipated:

 

Saturday 1 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Stafford Rangers Development (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Kempston Rovers (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Totternhoe (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Old Bradwell United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Buckingham Town(?tbc) v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Oxford City XI (kick off 3.00pm)

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

Tring Athletic Reserves v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

North Greenford United v Brentham (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Saturday 5 September 2020

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I expect friendlies are going to ramp up in earnest now that the start of the new season has been dramatically announced today, somewhat earlier than anticipated:

 

Saturday 1 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Stafford Rangers Development (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Kempston Rovers (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 4 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Totternhoe (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Old Bradwell United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

Saturday 15 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Buckingham Town(?tbc) v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Oxford City XI (kick off 3.00pm)

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

Tring Athletic Reserves v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

North Greenford United v Brentham (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Saturday 5 September 2020

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

To be fair clubs like us and others had arranged them but just had to move the dates and then get them advertised after yesterday's announcement.

Leverstock Green Pre Season Fixtures (prov obviously but hopefully go ahead as planned)

Tue 04 Aug - AFC Dunstable (a)

Sat 08 Aug - Hemel Hempstead Town (h)

Sat 15 Aug - TBC but home to higher league opposition

Sat 22 Aug - Sarratt (a)

Tue 25 Aug - Amersham Town (a)

Sat 29 Aug - Chipperfield (a)

Sat 05 Sep - Bovingdon (a) - Now likely to be moved after yesterday's step 5 league start date on same day

Hoddesdon Town and ANother from East London TBC too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deano5 - Thanks, the hallowed Pancake Lane turf will be like a billiard table on Saturday 8 August for the visit of Hemel Hemstead Town won't it and to welcome the likes of Lee Bircham, Steve Bateman, Fred Benning and Danny Webb, it should be a great afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deano5 said:

Sat 08 Aug - Hemel Hempstead Town (h)

Let's hope supporters are allowed in to watch this cracker of a pre season game? That game is a money maker that could make all the difference to a club like Leverstcock Green FC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing everything we can to make it happen as it should be a cracker of a local derby against our really good friends from Hemel with lots of joint interests on and off the pitch.

We are in the hands of FA and government guidelines but we are lucky to have a strong team off the pitch that take great care of social distancing and health and safety covid guidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Deano5 - Thanks, the hallowed Pancake Lane turf will be like a billiard table on Saturday 8 August for the visit of Hemel Hemstead Town won't it and to welcome the likes of Lee Bircham, Steve Bateman, Fred Benning and Danny Webb, it should be a great afternoon.

Yes Bill and his team have done a great job on the pitch during the lockdown and looked lovely when there yesterday.

Have a lot of time for Lee and Steve during my time at Berkhamsted and a very good article in today's non league paper about Lee and his new role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hadn't realised that pre-season friendlies are to be behind closed doors, or at least 'until advised otherwise' so the situation may hopefully change before Saturday 1 August:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly that Rhodes, fingers are very crossed with 3 weeks still until the Hemel game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I hadn't realised that pre-season friendlies are to be behind closed doors, or at least 'until advised otherwise' so the situation may hopefully change before Saturday 1 August:

Billede

I normally watch a couple of pre season games each season at Spartans Youth FC (Brentford) they use a public park and people walk through the park walking there dog 😀 and they often stop and watch a bit of the footy. They won't be able to stop people watching games at venues like that will they?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

I normally watch a couple of pre season games each season at Spartans Youth FC (Brentford) they use a public park and people walk through the park walking there dog 😀 and they often stop and watch a bit of the footy. They won't be able to stop people watching games at venues like that will they?.

Public parks will be okay to host friendlies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Karen Browne said:

Public parks will be okay to host friendlies

That's where I will be this pre season then Spartans Youth FC all the way 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Aylesbury Dynamos FC PRE SEASON GAMES ANNOUNCED

With non league football at last about to get back underway we can confirm the list of friendlies that have so far been confirmed

We start with a home game against Spartan Division 2 side Bovingdon on the 6th August at Haywood Way. We then have home games, against Amersham Town and Flackwell Heath on the 18th and 22nd of Aug. The Flackwell game will be on the outside pitch. We then travel to Hellenic Division One East side Abingdon United on the 25th August.

We then finish first with a home game on the 25th August against Combined Counties Premier League side Egham Town before travelling to AFC Hayes also of the Combined Counties League.

The full list of fixtures, venues and times can be found below ⬇

https://www.aylesburyvaledynamos.co.uk/teams/77541/fixtures-results

Edited by Savagebee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15/08/20

Oxhey Jets v White Ensign

KO (TBC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is what we seem to have so far, some kick off time still to be confirmed:

 

Saturday 1 August 2020

Milton Keynes Irish v Kempston Rovers (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic v Stafford Rangers Development (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 4 August 2020

AFC Dunstable v Leverstock Green (kick off 7.45)

Milton Keynes Irish v Totternhoe (kick off 7.30pm)

Thursday 6 August 2020

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Bovingdon (kick off 7.00pm)

Saturday 8 August 2020

Leverstock Green v Hemel Hempstead Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Old Bradwell United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic v Ampthill Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 11 August 2020

Ampthill Town v Bedford Town (kick off 7.45pm)

Chinnor v Tring Corinthians AFC (kick off 7.30pm)

Saturday 15 August 2020

Buckingham Town(?tbc) v Tring Athletic (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Totternhoe (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Corinthians AFC v Hatfield Town (kick off 7.00pm)

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Amersham Town (kick off 7.00pm)

Saturday 22 August 2020

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Flackwell Heath (kick off 12.00pm, outside pitch)

Hillingdon Borough v Tring Corinthians AFC (kick off 3.00pm)

Milton Keynes Irish v Oxford City XI (kick off 3.00pm)

Oxhey Jets v White Ensign (kick off 3.00pm)

Potton United v Bedford Town (kick off 3.00pm) 

Sarratt v Leverstock Green (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic Reserves v Huntingdon Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Abingdon United v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos (kick off 7.45pm)

Amersham Town v Leverstock Green (kick off 7.30pm)

Thursday 27 August 2020

Bovingdon v Berkhamsted (kick off 7.00pm)

Tring Corinthians AFC v Amersham Town (kick off 7.00pm)

Saturday 29 August 2020

Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Egham Town (kick off 3.00pm)

Chipperfield Corinthians v Leverstock Green (kick off 3.00pm)

North Greenford United v Brentham (kick off 3.00pm)

Tring Athletic v Aylesbury United (kick off 3.00pm)

Tuesday 1 September 2020

AFC Dunstable v Tring Athletic (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

AFC Hayes v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos (kick off 7.30pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Winslow United v Berkhamsted (kick off 7.45pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Saturday 5 September 2020

Bovingdon v Leverstock Green (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Crawley Green v Berkhamsted (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Tring Athletic v Walthamstow (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Tring Corinthians AFC v Arlesey Town (kick off 3.00pm) likely to be brought forward or cancelled

Edited by Rhodes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...