Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hillingdon Borough FC

There was a thread created on Hillingdon Borough a few years back following a 2016/17 SSML Division One fixture at Langford on Saturday 14 January 2017, where they lost 3-0, there was talk of them resigning from the League due to a kerfuffle with then Manager Yannick Bolasie and the Club actually submitted a resignation letter to the SSML however it came to nothing and things soon calmed down:

Edited by Rhodes

• 5 weeks later...

Photographs, and match report, from Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough in a 2019/20 FA Vase First Qualifying Round tie, at the Middlesex Stadium on Saturday 31 August 2019, Hillingdon Borough won 3-2 against their Combined Counties League Division One opponents however fell at the next hurdle of the competition to Harborough Town after a replay:

Match Report: Hillingdon Borough FC 3 - 2 Kensington & Ealing Borough : First Team (pitchero.com)

Hillingdon Borough 3 Kensington & Ealing Borough 2

Edited by Rhodes

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Photographs, and match report, from Hillingdon Borough v Kensington & Ealing Borough in a 2019/20 FA Vase First Qualifying Round tie, at the Middlesex Stadium on Saturday 31 August 2019, Hillingdon Borough won 3-2 against their Combined Counties League Division One opponents however fell at the next hurdle of the competition to Harborough Town after a replay:

Match Report: Hillingdon Borough FC 3 - 2 Kensington & Ealing Borough : First Team (pitchero.com)

I ran the line on this one. ?

You're right, I hadn't spotted you in the only photograph where you are featured, it was just coincidence I posted that album. I don't recognise the Referee, he looks very young and just out of short trousers:

Edited by Rhodes

59 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

You're right, I hadn't spotted you in the only photograph where you are featured, it was just coincidence I posted that album. I don't recognise the Referee, he looks very young and just out of short trousers:

The Referee was Joseph Kidd who had a very good game.

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

18 hours ago, petethegreek said:

The Referee was Joseph Kidd who had a very good game.

Joseph Kidd ?

35 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Joseph Kidd ?

Savagebee - Well spotted, what a coincidence, he can't be more than about 22 or 23 can he if that. It would be interesting to know the 'age limit' when a Referee is able or qualified to take charge of an FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase and FA Youth Cup tie and if that 'limit' applies to every round of the competition or just the earlier qualifying stages. I'm just thinking that with the FA Youth Cup for example, if a Referee is very young he could get a lot more abuse from some of the more undisciplined and 'feral' Under 18's players of a team if giving a decision against them rather than if it was an older and more authoratitive looking Referee:

Hillingdon Borough (First Team) v Kensington & Ealing Borough FC (First Team)
F.A. Challenge Vase First Round Qualifying    
Referee: Kidd, Joseph
Assistant Referee: Yekta, Yashar
Assistant Referee: Panayiotou, Peter

The Buildbase FA Vase - First Round Qualifying (Fri 30th AUG – Sun 1st SEP 2019) (createaforum.com)

On 04/02/2021 at 13:04, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Well spotted, what a coincidence, he can't be more than about 22 or 23 can he if that. It would be interesting to know the 'age limit' when a Referee is able or qualified to take charge of an FA Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase and FA Youth Cup tie and if that 'limit' applies to every round of the competition or just the earlier qualifying stages. I'm just thinking that with the FA Youth Cup for example, if a Referee is very young he could get a lot more abuse from some of the more undisciplined and 'feral' Under 18's players of a team if giving a decision against them rather than if it was an older and more authoratitive looking Referee:

Hillingdon Borough (First Team) v Kensington & Ealing Borough FC (First Team)
F.A. Challenge Vase First Round Qualifying    
Referee: Kidd, Joseph
Assistant Referee: Yekta, Yashar
Assistant Referee: Panayiotou, Peter

The Buildbase FA Vase - First Round Qualifying (Fri 30th AUG – Sun 1st SEP 2019) (createaforum.com)

I think you can take the Referee Course at 14.

When you turn 16 you automatically become a Level 7.

Would need to be at least a Level 4 to take charge of an FA Competition match in the early rounds.

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2020 at 22:14, Rhodes said:

Hillingdon Borough met Woodford Town in the 2015/16 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final, losing an absolute thriller 4-3 at Grosvenor Vale on Wednesday 27 April 2016

In addition to the YouTube footage posted earlier, here are over 100 photographs from the 2015/16 Middlesex FA Premier Cup Final between Hillingdon Borough and Woodford Town:

2016 Middlesex Premier Cup final

• 2 months later...

I don't expect Hillingdon Borough have too many complaints about moving to the Combined Counties League Division One and could do well next season under their exciting new Management team of Anthony Obeng-Manu and Carlan Edgar as well as 'bag man' Uthman Odutayo:

Billede