Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The return of football?

AnfieldTowner

No, I don't agree, Richard, I think that could see the end of numerous non-league clubs.

I never agreed with making last season null and void - I always thought we should just carry on when safe to do so. Who's to say the world will return to normal for August next year - I'm certainly not confident of that and don't think our lives should just be put on hold in the meantime. We have to find a way to live with this - a vaccine may, or may not, come, there's no guarantees of that.

Whilst not ideal, with open air stadia and attendances nowhere near capacity, non-league football must be able to find a way for fans at least to be socially distant. It might not be as fun as it was, but it's got to be better than the current situation in my opinion.

I'm very much in favour of the social media campaign to #LetFansIn at non-league level. If you agree, sign the petition I found online below:-

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-to-see-the-return-of-non-league-football-letfansin

Archived