Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22 January - SSML Results/Reports

37 minutes ago, Daily Dose said:

Couldn’t agree more.

many teams have had the same issue, challenging for the div 2 title only to come up against a step 4 or 5 team who’s development side are languishing in the bottom half. Bring back the reserve leagues!!!!!!!

Daily Dose - I note from the November 2019 SSML Management Board Minutes (see extract below) that a survey was introduced regarding the re-introduction of a Reserve team structure, presumably for the 2020/2021 season, however I believe that's about as far as it got, perhaps the survey suggested that there wasn't sufficient interest and the League conveniently dropped the plan as it would have created a lot more work, administration and headaches: 

Reserve Team Football – It was noted that a further survey was to take place with regard to the re introduction of a reserve team structure.  There was a view expressed that it may be appropriate to await the restructure of the League before embarking on any further internal changes.  It was agreed, however to go ahead with the survey to assess the views of current member clubs. 

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Daily Dose - I note from the November 2019 SSML Management Board Minutes (see extract below) that a survey was introduced regarding the re-introduction of a Reserve team structure, presumably for the 2020/2021 season, however I believe that's about as far as it got, perhaps the survey suggested that there wasn't sufficient interest and the League conveniently dropped the plan as it would have created a lot more work, administration and headaches: 

Reserve Team Football – It was noted that a further survey was to take place with regard to the re introduction of a reserve team structure.  There was a view expressed that it may be appropriate to await the restructure of the League before embarking on any further internal changes.  It was agreed, however to go ahead with the survey to assess the views of current member clubs. 

Plus the effects of the Pandemic seems to have halted quite things nationwide.

I remember being blooded in the old reserve league and found it very competitive. 16/17 year olds would get great experience playing against other promising young players and some vastly experienced ones. The mixture was superb.

On 22/01/2022 at 18:15, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Crawley Green 1 Dunstable Town 3

Dunstable Town boss Joe Deeney gives his overview of the game at The Brache:

Edited by Rhodes

On 22/01/2022 at 18:15, Rhodes said:

Division Two
Tring Corinthians AFC 1 Codicote 4

Codicote's fourth goal in what was comprehensive victory at Icknield Way:

Billede