Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26 February - SSML Results/Reports

Time to discuss Saturday's fixtures:

Saturday 26 February (kick off 3.00pm unless stated)

Premier Division
Arlesey Town v Risborough Rangers
Crawley Green v Holmer Green
Dunstable Town v Broadfields United
Hadley v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Harefield United v Baldock Town
Harpenden Town v Leighton Town
Leverstock Green v Ardley United
Oxhey Jets v Flackwell Heath

Division One
Ampthill Town v Kidlington Reserves
Bedford v Long Crendon
Buckingham Athletic v Raunds Town
Burton Park Wanderers v Langford
London Tigers v Rushden & Higham United
Shefford Town & Campton v Penn & Tylers Green
Wellingborough Whitworth v Amersham Town
Winslow United v Northampton Sileby Rangers

Division Two
Milton Keynes College Football Academy v New Bradwell St Peter
Old Bradwell United v Berkhamsted Raiders (kick off 2.00pm)
Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Eynesbury United (kick off 2.00pm)
Risborough Rangers Development v Buckingham United
Sarratt v Bovingdon (kick off 2.00pm)
Totternhoe v Aston Clinton (kick off 2.00pm)

SSML Division Two Cup First Round
Tring Corinthians AFC v Codicote (kick off 2.00pm)

I'm really hoping for some revenge Saturday after Heath gave it the big un when struggling to beat our scratch side 4-2 in Kevin Christou's first game in charge. I thought they were dreadful actually and only won because we had Frank Spencer in goal (unsurprisingly in his first and last appearance). I'd go as far as to say they're the worst team I've seen this season, and I've seen nearly  everyone in the Prem at least once.

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Crawley Green v Holmer Green

An earIy match programme

UjFoqvqjQTyHS4vLwSKx_26-02-22 - Programme Satuday v Holmer Green FC - merged.pdf

On 24/02/2022 at 16:28, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Leverstock Green v Ardley United

The match programme:

Leverstock Green vs Ardley United Programme by Tony Smart - Issuu 

Billede

Division One
Bedford v Long Crendon

If you happen to be at a Ioose end tomorrow afternoon why not sign up for the Iive stream of Bedford v Long Crendon beamed free of charge from McMuIIen ParK

Upcoming Live Streams

Bedford FC v Long Crendon - Saturday 26th February, 3.00pm

Premier Division
Dunstable Town v Broadfields United

DunstabIe Town supremo Joe Deeney previews the visit of BroadfieIds United which is pay what you want on the gate at Creasey ParK: 

Weekly Roundup | Joe updates us on the squad as he speaks ahead of Broadfields United on Saturday - YouTube

Billede

Premier Division
Arlesey Town v Risborough Rangers

The exceIIent match programme:

Arlesey Town FC - RISBOROUGH RANGERS - Page 1 - Created with Publitas.com

Billede

Division Two
Totternhoe v Aston Clinton (kick off 2.00pm)

This could be an interesting affair with sixth hosting eighth:

Billede

Division Two
Sarratt v Bovingdon (kick off 2.00pm)

Bovingdon shouldn't have any problems this afternoon at the King George V Playing Fields:

Billede

Division One
Shefford Town & Campton v Penn & Tylers Green

This should be a good one following Shefford Town & Campton's 5-2 home win over Wellingborough Whitworth and Penn & Tylers Green's 3-1 win at Winslow United on Tuesday evening:

Billede

Division One
Ampthill Town v Kidlington Reserves

Ampthill Town should cement their third place at Ampthill Park this afternoon:

Billede

The resuIts

Premier Division
Arlesey Town 0 Risborough Rangers 3
Crawley Green 4 Holmer Green 1
Dunstable Town 2 Broadfields United 0
Hadley 3 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1
Harefield United 3 Baldock Town 0
Harpenden Town 1 Leighton Town 1
Leverstock Green 1 Ardley United 0
Oxhey Jets 0 Flackwell Heath 4

Division One
Ampthill Town 2 Kidlington Reserves 1
Bedford 4 Long Crendon 1
Buckingham Athletic 3 Raunds Town 0
Burton Park Wanderers 5 Langford 0
London Tigers 2 Rushden & Higham United 1
Shefford Town & Campton 3 Penn & Tylers Green 2
Wellingborough Whitworth 2 Amersham Town 2
Winslow United 0 Northampton Sileby Rangers 4

Division Two
Milton Keynes College Football Academy 5 New Bradwell St Peter 1
Old Bradwell United 8 Berkhamsted Raiders 0 
Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3 Eynesbury United 1 
Risborough Rangers Development 4 Buckingham United 0
Sarratt 1 Bovingdon 3 
Totternhoe 1 Aston Clinton 2 

SSML Division Two Cup First Round
Tring Corinthians AFC 2 Codicote 1 

Edited by Rhodes

Humble pie on the menu for me tonight ? 

So much for revenge, a horror show from Jets from start to finish. 0-3 at the break, an awful own goal amongst them. Second half little better, another calamitous defensive mistake gifting Heath a fourth when absolutely no help was needed, they were by far the better side and have improved considerably since earlier in the season, if a little reliant on the long ball. 

The home side weren't helped by the enforced absence of the regular left back through covid, having to play an already emergency centre back in that role and subsequently Flackwell cut through the flank like a hot knife through butter all game.

In what wasn't a dirty game by any means the ref somehow managed to dish out 5 yellows to the beleaguered hosts, so to add insult to injury that will be a fine for failing to control the players. Two of those were to player of the season elect Vass Mandeville, and so we'll be missing him for two games as it's the second time he's had his marching orders this term. Can't say I'm relishing the trip to AVD next week without him, they put 5 past us at home. Mind you, they are in good company there - that's the 12th time we've conceded 4 or more in a game, more than a third of the 35 played.

Unwanted stat of the day - Jets have now conceded 103 goals this season in all competitions, albeit 28 of those were in just 3 games.   

1 hour ago, Karen Browne said:

Did your abacus break it was 3-0

Karen - No, I used that for Old Bradwell United v Berkhamsted Raiders, thanKs anyway, it must have been a very Iate injury time third goaI. 

3 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Humble pie on the menu for me tonight ? 

So much for revenge, a horror show from Jets from start to finish. 0-3 at the break, an awful own goal amongst them. Second half little better, another calamitous defensive mistake gifting Heath a fourth when absolutely no help was needed, they were by far the better side and have improved considerably since earlier in the season, if a little reliant on the long ball. 

The home side weren't helped by the enforced absence of the regular left back through covid, having to play an already emergency centre back in that role and subsequently Flackwell cut through the flank like a hot knife through butter all game.

In what wasn't a dirty game by any means the ref somehow managed to dish out 5 yellows to the beleaguered hosts, so to add insult to injury that will be a fine for failing to control the players. Two of those were to player of the season elect Vass Mandeville, and so we'll be missing him for two games as it's the second time he's had his marching orders this term. Can't say I'm relishing the trip to AVD next week without him, they put 5 past us at home. Mind you, they are in good company there - that's the 12th time we've conceded 4 or more in a game, more than a third of the 35 played.

Unwanted stat of the day - Jets have now conceded 103 goals this season in all competitions, albeit 28 of those were in just 3 games.   

It's 6 for a MPM.

5 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Leverstock Green 1 Ardley United 0

A match report from what was a fortunate Leverstock Green win:

(H) Ardley United – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Division One
Winslow United 0 Northampton Sileby Rangers 4

I wonder what has gone so horribIy wrong at EImfieIds Gate IateIy

On 26/02/2022 at 18:09, Rhodes said:

Division Two
Pitstone & Ivinghoe 3 Eynesbury United 1 

Eynesbury United's version of events:

Pitstone & Ivinghoe (0) 3 Eynesbury Utd (1) 1
A dreadful 10 minutes at the start of the second half saw United fall to a huge defeat at P&I.
Leading 1-0 at half time the Bulls had more than matched the in form home side and deserved the lead, but they were most definitely still in the changing rooms for the start of the second forty five.
United went into the game with no recognised striker. Bassett and Fox are both injured and Baxter was unavailable, and this led to centre half Adam Jennings being drafted in to play up front. And Jennings have the P&I defence a torrid time in the first few minutes, firstly flicking the ball on to Routs who bust through but his touch was poor and Mumford collected in the hosts goal. Jennings had the first real chance when he engineered a mistake from the hone centre half and burst through, but again the home keeper saved well. United continued to have chances with McLean blasting the ball towards goal and Mumford easily saved. Finally on 21 minutes United scored. A corner caused chaos in the P&I box and the ball fell to Cam Harris who fired home. United continued to have the better of the half and Ollie Sole nearly scored a second when his shot hit the bar.
One up at half time and tbf United looked comfortable, but P&I are not the in form side for nothing and they came out and blew United away. First on 47 minutes the impressive Albie Hall hit an unreal volley to draw the game level. A minute later it was 2-1 when poor play from United found Alex O Brien hit an unstoppable shot from the edge of the area. And when Hall scored a third that was United done. To make matters worst Brad Brown was shown a second yellow and put United down to ten men. From this United never recovered and P&I went on to comfortably. United’s promotion bid is now very much under threat and injuries are now a major issue. But the season is over 28 games so we need to pick ourselves up and be ready if others slip up. An amazing facility at Pitstone and great hospitality, good luck for the season.

On 26/02/2022 at 18:09, Rhodes said:

Division One
Bedford 4 Long Crendon 1

The Iive stream highIights from yesterday's action at McMuIIen ParK: