Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Annual General Meeting (AGM)

I didn't want to resurrect last season's thread of the same title, I gather that the SSML AGM wiII take pIace on Saturday 25 June at 10.30am by way of Zoom. That is very disappointing isn't it with Covid now behind us and the first heaven made opportunity for three Iong years for the SSML famiIy, aIbeit the higher echeIons, to aII get together around the tabIe at a chosen venue over a drink or three.

To put you out of your agony see below

Clubs prefer a Zoom meeting

With the boundaries of the league stretching from Oxford to Birmingham finding a central neutral venue has become harder

Finally the SSML is saving clubs money by not wasting their registration fees on room hire and food (much of which in the past was wasted)

On 02/06/2022 at 22:45, Karen Browne said:

With the boundaries of the league stretching from Oxford to Birmingham finding a central neutral venue has become harder

karen - WeII the venue wouId have been Pancake Lane wouIdn't it ?, seriousIy though I do see the League's point so thanks for the expIanation.

WiII Sarratt be named and shamed at the AGM and what wiII be their punishment for not fuIfiIIing their fixtures which, as a resuIt, handed the Division Two Championship to OId BradweII United.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

what wiII be their punishment for not fuIfiIIing their fixtures which

It was just one fixture and the club has been dealt with by the Discip Committee - End of story.

2 hours ago, Karen Browne said:

It was just one fixture and the club has been dealt with by the Discip Committee - End of story.

What was Sarratt's reason out of interest as to why they couId not raise a team against OId BradweII United on Monday 2 May when they had compIeted every other fixture during the campaign, the CIub aIso have a Reserve side competing in the Herts Senior County League Division Three who had no fixture that afternoon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have an Agenda as yet for the SSML AGM tomorrow week, I have dug out the Minutes from last years meeting which lasted all of 53 minutes, I wonder whether that will be beaten just to prove a point about Zoom technology:

https://www.spartansouthmidlandsleague.co.uk/minutes-of-the-annual-general-meeting/

Not Iong now untiI the SSML AGM and we stiII haven't seen the Agenda, I assume there is a stipuIation that every member CIub has to be represented however that is far easier said than done when you are reIiant on technoIogy.

So how did the Annual General Meeting (AGM) go on Saturday morning, I say morning because it wouldn't have gone beyond 12.00 wouId it being on Zoom. I wonder whether last year's record of 53 minutes was beaten, sorry, obIiterated and if every CIub were represented, there must have been one with technicaI issues.