Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

London Lions 5 Jets 0

First of all what a great club, lovely people, generous hospitality and absolutely incredible facilities, which we will be lucky enough to use again in the league cup. And the pitch, wow, not seen a game on a carpet like that for a while, not since our win at Preston Park at Easter.

Which brings me to a worrying stat. Today's result means we have only won that 1 game out of our last 15 league outings. It's shocking but also not representative of where we are as a club, we have a strong basis with some good players, and showed that in a very competitive first half in which we missed at least 3 fantastic chances, so instead of going in 2 down we should have been going in level at worst. 

After our best 45 of the fledgling season though we were undone by an early third for the hosts and heads dropped, a missed penalty not helping matters but to their credit Jets kept fashioning chances until the last, by which time our goal had been breached a couple more times.

We'll play worse than we did today and win, our left winger was magnificent and had the right back on toast all afternoon. Lions played an expansive game which was easy on the eye and will be there or thereabouts come April. Despite 1 point from 9 (and we're lucky to have that, truth be told) I'm not too disheartened as I can see better days ahead for the nucleus of this side.

On 20/08/2022 at 19:52, View from the Boundary said:

First of all what a great club, lovely people, generous hospitality and absolutely incredible facilities, which we will be lucky enough to use again in the league cup. And the pitch, wow, not seen a game on a carpet like that for a while, not since our win at Preston Park at Easter.

Which brings me to a worrying stat. Today's result means we have only won that 1 game out of our last 15 league outings. It's shocking but also not representative of where we are as a club, we have a strong basis with some good players, and showed that in a very competitive first half in which we missed at least 3 fantastic chances, so instead of going in 2 down we should have been going in level at worst. 

After our best 45 of the fledgling season though we were undone by an early third for the hosts and heads dropped, a missed penalty not helping matters but to their credit Jets kept fashioning chances until the last, by which time our goal had been breached a couple more times.

We'll play worse than we did today and win, our left winger was magnificent and had the right back on toast all afternoon. Lions played an expansive game which was easy on the eye and will be there or thereabouts come April. Despite 1 point from 9 (and we're lucky to have that, truth be told) I'm not too disheartened as I can see better days ahead for the nucleus of this side.

Bill Healey and Kyle Watson will/should be very good signings for the Jets ?

16 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

At this point it's hard to be optimistic, we've just been wasted 7-1 at home in a friendly with Cockfosters, neither of those were playing (Killa Wat wasn't at Lions either), confidence is shattered and natives are restless. Now I see both those previously below us won so we are bottom. 

Because of the way Kyle Watson plays these days he does miss games through injury and suspension ? A great player to watch though ?

• 2 months later...
On 23/08/2022 at 20:41, Savagebee said:

Bill Healey and Kyle Watson will/should be very good signings for the Jets ?

I see they have both left the club now? Any idea where they have gone? Think Kyle Watson is at Egham Town FC ?

Bill Healey 

15 hours ago, Savagebee said:

I see they have both left the club now? Any idea where they have gone? Think Kyle Watson is at Egham Town FC ?

Bill Healey 

Watson only played once and looked likely to be sent off throughout. He's one of three who have gone to the Sarnies.

Billy got injured at the league cup game at Rowley Lane and not been seen since, unsure if he's still crocked or remains with us (Kevin Christou was relieved of his duties 2 weeks ago as I'm sure you know).

23 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Watson only played once and looked likely to be sent off throughout. He's one of three who have gone to the Sarnies.

Billy got injured at the league cup game at Rowley Lane and not been seen since, unsure if he's still crocked or remains with us (Kevin Christou was relieved of his duties 2 weeks ago as I'm sure you know).

Thanks for the info 👍