Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hastings United v Enfield Town

seemgee

I went last night .. thought that Hastings were leaving their ground end of this season but apparently a week ago it was announced they stay an extra year. Had I known I may have decided not to spend 5 hours in the car getting there and back but glad I did! Ground no 144 for me!

Nice ground, 100 year old stand, very friendly fans and stewards all happy to talk to you pre game!

We continued with 3/5 at the back with Cunns taking over from the injured Cass (hearing it's not a major injury which is great news)

My 1st view of the 2 new signings and both impressed .. it was Johnville who attacked down the right and crossed for Adam to head home .. (live scores initially had it down as Chaz who was on the bench?!

After scoring we did start to sit back a bit - Nathan made a fantastic save - Hastings twitter said how did he keep that out?! .. and then they equalised just before the break.

Second half we were solid and had a couple of 1 on 1s, as well as a great cross that had the keeper not touched we would have tapped in. They had far more of the possession.

Credit to the management - attacking subs to try and win the game - Coker on for Dequaine moving to a back 4, followed by the intro of Taaffe and Chez. Both teams continued to attack to the end

Overall well worth a point, they may say they had a lot more of the ball but we did have some good chances .. and players all appreciative of the support at the end ..

Think the back 3 is working well - Okotcha is our only back up should we get an injury though and he wasnt on the bench?

Going into this run of 3 I would have taken 5 points from 9, so far so good, especially after our mini blip ..

Horncnhurch seem to be the team to beat now and are on great form .. I see Jo Wright isnt in goal for them at the mo - is he injured or been replaced? Remi also went off injured last night and they seem to have a small squad so maybe this could affect them? Overall though they are 6 pts clear of us with a game in hand so I think its theirs to lose

Stortford going through their blip - their forum is saying they lack a goalscorer at present .. then there are many other sides in the mix all around us .. down to Lewes in 11th I would expect anyone feels they have the chance of the playoffs

So finishing top 3 is the key for me to ensure a home crowd for the play off semi .. 6 of our last 9 games are agaisnt teams still with aspirations of play offs .. so not there yet .. 

Given so many big games coming up .. hoping we can tweak the lineup a bit to keep players from getting rusty LDV, Deyton are not playing much and we will certainly need to call on them for example ...